August 24, 2019, 07:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Knock down  (Read 1840 times)
dyan
Dog Addict!

« on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »

Wow....I posted pictures of Gibby at Bow Wow Beach and told you guys about him getting knocked down and pinned by a couple of Danes.
I just went back to the Dane forum that the "meet-up" came from...and someone posted more pictures.   They got the whole thing..... so I am posting them. 
I suppose I shouldn't be so happy for the pictures....hahah...shows what a Wus he is!  LOL!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:39:19 AM by dyan » Logged

Dyan
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:00:05 AM »

Good thing it was all in fun!!!!!   rotfl

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

He's not a Wus, they ganged up on him.....He is so tuff it took 3 of them to get him down!!!

YOU GO Gibby!!!! clapping

And anyway he is a LOVER  luvsmile not a fighter  Grin
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »

Yikes! I would have been freaking out too!

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »

Yep, I'd probably be a little nervous too! Glad it was all in fun.

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:57:22 PM »

Yeah...it was scary for a second. But it all went so fast...and the owner was there to stop it when they realized they were not going to stop by themselves.

Dyan
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:55:49 PM »

Aha.. head butt, body slam, roll down and get your mouth close to the opponent underbelly while letting him sniff you a good time. Welcome to doggy WWF on speed dial. It is amazing how quick it happens and it is good everybody was just playing and that the humans enforced a "cool" down before things could get too heated. Gentlemen, back to your corners.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »

Aha.. head butt, body slam, roll down and get your mouth close to the opponent underbelly while letting him sniff you a good time. Welcome to doggy WWF on speed dial. It is amazing how quick it happens and it is good everybody was just playing and that the humans enforced a "cool" down before things could get too heated. Gentlemen, back to your corners.
Yes...you know I have to wonder what would happen if the humans DIDN'T stop it.  They all never even looked at eachother after it was all over....the black doggies when about their way into the water.....and Gibby just be-bopped around like he was before. Didn't seem to make a difference to him.
I can tell you after the three dogs got there...I was on my way...they were only a few feet away to begin with.   Can you see me breaking up a Dane fight???????      I would have..might have gotten killed in the process but I was there.

Dyan
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »

Some dogs like playing rough and wrestling. Kaden likes to spar. Kiva in her youth was a zoomie fanatic. She loved chasing and being chased.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 12:09:40 AM »

I think I would have bowed down in fear too.  Glad it all turned out well and it is cool you got pics too.    I wish we had a dog park like that, I would not ever leave. Grin
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 09:53:57 PM »

Dyan,

I am sorry if I sounded like I was making light of the situation. I just looked at the series of pictures and it looked so much like what I see home (agreed with just two wrestlers) and sometimes in the play yard with the HS crews that I just saw all god fun, rough but fun. Especially that last pic; even though Gibby is down, there is no way IMO that another dog would have given him access to his underbelly if it was not just play. I had one recent episode when things went downhill for a couple of minutes between a GSD mix and another same size but lighter mix and the pinning was directly to the throat/shoulder area, not the "roll him down and stand over" kind.

Those other Danes are clearly used to that kind of body slamming/rolling play and Gibby is not but he did well, just going with the flow. I also probably overlooked the size of the dogs involved... I have no contact with Great Danes (just see a couple around at PetCo very occasionally) and you are right, if things ever would go wrong with that size dogs, it could be very hard to break off safely. I apologize if I sounded a bit dismissive of an event that caused you some anxiety.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 10:39:10 PM »

Dyan,

I am sorry if I sounded like I was making light of the situation. I just looked at the series of pictures and it looked so much like what I see home (agreed with just two wrestlers) and sometimes in the play yard with the HS crews that I just saw all god fun, rough but fun.           I apologize if I sounded a bit dismissive of an event that caused you some anxiety.
Oh no please....what you discribed was exactly the words that the situation was. AND as I believe I said the dogs owner was right there.  I was not at all concerned at first...but when the three were on top I did become concerned. No where did it look like a problem except for after the fact.   But I was walking towards them...because as you discribed...they looked like they needed a human to break them up and send them to their corners to cool off.    I have had dogs long enough to know that sometimes the do get over excited...and if you don't stop them...they get carried away. Just like human kids.  And again...I was over as fast as it started.....they were there, then they were together, then Gibby was down and then it was over.    That one Dane was probaby 140 lbs...and one of the others was also a lot bigger than Gibby...and the other about the same.  Gibby is about 95.
Looking at the pictures is almost scarier that it really was being there. And did you notice in the pictures the little girl and her father walking by? Bet they were a little nervous.
But please don't apologize...you were 100% correct in what you said.  You were putting things in their proper place.

Dyan
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:43 PM »

I forgot to say that a trainer friend said that these dogs were showing their dominance...and Gibby was showing that he is not there to fight....he is a lover!!!   luvsmile

Dyan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster