August 25, 2019, 07:07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone call from the humane society this morning...  (Read 6501 times)
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 05:22:17 AM »

They sound like they're making good progress!!!  Those two are some lucky bunnies!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
MecheleP
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 08:24:27 AM »

They are so cute.....!!!!!!!!!!!  heart heart heart heart Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:59 AM »

AWWWWWW... the professor let me pick her up today!!  heart I went into the bathroom to medicate her and she ran over to me and stood up on her hind legs. I reached down and picked her up around her belly and she didn't panic! So I put her on my chest with her feet down and she just snuggled in and sat there. A little wide eyed but no panicking or kicking.  Bubbles came over to me but ran when I tried to scratch her head. But thats still an improvement.

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »

They're warming up to you very quickly.  HI5 I would think it would take a few weeks to see the progress you've made in just a few days. You have the golden bunny touch.  Grin

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »

Happy Yell that is awesome they are making progress so quickly.  It seems like both will come around and gain trust in you.  It may only be you, but they will come around.
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 11:01:05 AM »

Yay for the Intrepid Professor. Just picturing her all snuggled up on you made me smile big time. I am sure Bubbles the Cautious will follow her lead at some point. You got some serious bunny skills going  clapping.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Nancy Adams
Dog Addict!

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »

Hill is the bunny whisperer!
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

Bubbles let me pick her up today!!!!  }jumphappy{ She panicked after a few moments but then calmed herself down really quickly and allowed me to hold her for several minutes. I'm not brave enough to let her loose in the bathroom. I'm afraid I'd never get my hands on her again... or she would tunnel out of the bathroom through the walls or doors...  rotfl

The Professor has gotten good enough that I can let her run loose in the bathroom! She uses a litter pan in the corner and makes VERY FEW mistakes! As soon as the ten days is fully up she will be allowed out during the evenings and overnights. When she is loose and I come into the room she runs over and lets me pick her up. She also stands on her hind legs with her front feet on my leg and stretches and makes these little grunty noises!  heart

I always said I'd never have another Bunz because I doubted I could be as lucky as I was with The Commander but I think I may have struck Bunny gold!  heart Last night I was sitting in the bathroom next to the bunny kennel and The Professor came running towards me with a toy in her mouth and flung it at me and the pounded her feet until I stuck my hand in and loved on her.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »

HI5 You are making some awesome progress with them!

I didn't know bunnies played with toys....  huh?

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »

How funny about the toy. rotfl  You and the bunnies are making awesome progress together.  That is really good news. Happy Yell
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 10:05:05 PM »

I didn't know bunnies liked toys or made sounds. I had a bunny when I was a kid. All it did was romp around the yard eating dandelions.

Yeah, Hill is the Bunny Whisperer.  funny dance  rotfl
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 10:30:39 PM by KivaLuver » Logged

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »

Bunz LOVE toys! They like to flip them up in the air or sling them at you! I need to take more pictures they are so much fatter now!  rotfl

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »

I want to see a video of them tossing  toys!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »

Me too...
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 12:42:47 AM »

Wow, you are magical with those animals!  Will your critters leave bunnies alone???  I think Jasmine would want to chase them.  In the spring/summer/and fall, she likes to flush them out from under the mugho pine and watch them run to the neighbor's yard to escape the evil dog.  Sometimes she runs after them, too, and sometimes she just watches them run.  I really think it's all a game.  She's never hurt any of the bunnies, but then again, they run like the wind, when they want to get away.

CUTE!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 09:22:32 AM »

I'll work on getting video this weekend! Hopefully by then Bubbles will be doing it to.

Dawn, they will leave them alone after awhile. With the Commander I started letting her out under VERY strict supervision. With ONE dog. Then as that one dog got used to her I added another and another. They never bothered her. Now *THESE* buns are a LOT more active and devious so I will supervise for a longer period. More to make sure the buns don't beat up on anyone else. The cats don't care at all I'm pretty sure they think they are kittens.

Our general workings around here are if it's indoor it's mine if it's outdoors they will chase it. They rarely hurt anything though there was once a poor squirrel who Marshall had squarely in his sights...

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 09:27:29 AM »

Molly would look at the bunnies and see one thing....lunch. 

On our morning walk this morning she caught either a mouse or a mole.  It was dark so i'm not sure which one it was.  Luckily she caught it with her paw and not her mouth because it ran away making this mad sound !

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »

Fully agree...Hill is the Bunny Whisperer.  I didn't know they played with toys or were that sociable either.  Don't guess I'll ever experience it personally, either since loving, gentle BooMan singlehandedly murdered the Easter bunny and all his kin about two years ago crying. ON EASTER SUNDAY, no less head scratch.  Poor little things were just babies, but he's so slow and fat that I guess that was all he could catch.  Nope, bunnies are NOT safe at my house.

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »

They are not safe at my house either.  Odaat and/or Xena would not be too kind to them.  After their incident with the neighbor's little dog, I do not take even the slightest chances.  I have not ever taken chances with the piggies.  The little dogs are good with the pigs, the cats do not care.  I do have to watch Reggie with the piggies, he will take a nip at the piggies and the rats when he can.  The cats are even good with the rats when we have them out with us.  Of course they are not ever out not supervised.  Now the parakeets and the geckos do not have a chance with either the cats or the dogs. 
I am looking forward to video and pics as soon as you are able.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »

Bubbles SNUGGLED with me!!!!! SNUGGLED!!!  luvsmile I was sitting in the kennel with them and petting the two of them and Bubbles ran over and burrowed her face in my leg. She was snuffling around for a minute and then got real close and personal and laid down. She was letting me pet her and stuff. So instead of trying to pick her up I had Pete bring them a few pieces of Banana. She even let Pete touch her today!  shamrock

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 09:24:09 PM »

clapping That's great!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »

WHAT AWESOME PROGRESS!!!!!!!!! Happy Yell  You Bun Whisperer!!!!!!!!! 
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 11:46:51 PM »

Awww.  They are coming around.  I think they know where their toast is buttered.

Jasmine has killed a baby raccoon and a mouse.  She once got really close to a squirrel, but then it leaped up onto the tree trunk and was gone.  Bunnies are just WAY too fast.  God gave squirrels and rabbits pretty good adaptations to get away from marauding dogs.

Sometimes Jasmine just has staredowns with bunnies, until they run away.  Could that be a herding thing?  Sometimes I wonder if she is trying to herd the bunnies.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 06:50:43 AM »

That is fantastic news Hill! 

HI5

LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 06:05:41 PM »

Yepee for Bubbles Snuggles.

I had a bunny when I was little. Since we had no other animals at the time, he could roam around in the living room pretty freely. Until, that is, he ate the phone lines a few times too many, which pushed my mom to restrain his freedom to times he could be supervised. Not possible to consider now with Flem the Crittering Princess.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster