April 21, 2014, 07:09:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What else?  (Read 3183 times)
Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »

Those things are so weird, I do not think I have the patience to sit long enough for one of those to do their jobs. Snolaugh

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 11:08:42 PM »

Those things are so weird, I do not think I have the patience to sit long enough for one of those to do their jobs. Snolaugh

Snolaugh

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Nancy Adams
Dog Addict!

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 08:16:07 AM »

"Gentle Aerated, Warm Water, Dual Action Spray with cycling movement and massage feature"

Ours was under $300, and it doesn't give me a massage (Thank goodness!) rotfl
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »

Evil  I could say something here........

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Nancy Adams
Dog Addict!

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »

rotfl
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »

I shared the toilet features with a couple of guys at work... We had a good laugh.  rotfl

louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »

Check out this one... http://www.performancetoilets.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5649
TOTO Washlet S400 Combo with Ultramax Elongated ADA Toilet MW854564SLA

Automatic open/close lid activated by sensors, or the simple touch of a button on the remote control
Auto flush activated by sensors or the simple touch of a button
Gentle Aerated, Warm Water, Dual Action Spray with cycling movement and massage feature
Adjustable water temperature and volume
Warm air drying with three variable temperature settings
Automatic air purifier
SoftClose anti-bacterial seat 
Heated Seat with Temperature Control
Docking Station Easy to Install and Clean

That's not even their top of the line!

I just got the run of the mill. Two piece, ADA so sits higher, and it does have a soft close seat, you can't slam that thing down if you try. Nothing automatic though. I think it was about $350 online. The best thing is their flushing process, they rate highest in all the studies. I learned from reading the studies how they are done, very serious business that had me ROFL. Especially the pictures.

louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »

OK, you got me going on this sgain. This site has the most current study  http://www.cuwcc.org/MaPTesting.aspx  the report is large, but you need to click on the Full MaP Testing Report. Only about 12 pages is the detail of the report, which is the interesting yet funny part. Most of the pages are results and after the body of the report, which can be skipped.

Here is one of Toto's top USA models http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=692  You have to go to Japan to get one that is REALLY tricked out!  Smiley

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »

rotfl Louise I am laughing over your flushing research.  I bet it is funny to read, I will check it out after work.

louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 01:49:44 PM »

Here's some news from Japan

Japan flushes away toilet taboos
By Suvendrini Kakuchi

TOKYO - The evolution of the toilet in Japan, from the humble squat latrines of a few decades ago to today's high-tech, cockpit-like contraptions, parallels the dramatic rise of this country from postwar ruin to global technological leadership.

Taboo-ridden attitudes toward bodily functions - which have determined that the toilet must be tucked away in a discrete corner or outhouse - survive even in luxury hotels, where it may be difficult for foreign guests to discover the location of the john in Japanese-style suites.

"The Japanese have realized that the old-fashioned custom of avoiding the discussion on toilets and bathrooms only resulted in dirty outhouses. Today, in Japanese homes, the toilet takes pride of place," said Koo Ue, spokesman for the Japan Toilet Association (JTA).

According to Ue, modern bathroom trends reflect the high respect that the Japanese have for clean, healthy lifestyles.

The catching up has been swift. Ue and others like him who promote flush toilets supported by sewage systems report impressive and rapid gains. Flush-toilet use in the country now stands at a respectable 88%, much higher than the pathetic figure of 50% just a decade ago, according to the Japan Sewage Association.

Along with the flush, the toilet has itself undergone a transformation and may be equipped with warm seats, bidet functions, and a bewildering array of gizmos that pamper the user with water squirters and blow-driers that make the use of toilet paper obsolete.

A major toilet maker, Toto Ltd, is a front-runner in the industry. The latest designs of smart toilets - called the Z series - combine the now-standard bidet-toilet with new technology that can electronically deliver health-related data such as for blood-pressure urine analyses.

"The latest Toto toilet, which makes available a health record, is extremely popular with new homeowners and luxury hotels," said a spokesman for Daiwa Homes, a leading housing company.

High-tech toilets, though priced between US$3,500 and $5,000 plus hefty installation charges, do not deter new homeowners. The Daiwa spokesman says the trend shows just how far the toilet has gained in respectability.

But such a change in public attitude has not come about without hard work. Atsushi Kato, an expert in sanitation who has long promoted better toilet standards in Japan, says the rapid development of flush toilets began with the rise of the economy in the 1970s and 1980s.

"The Japanese economy was growing at that time and people were able to buy better household goods such as refrigerators and washing machines. This was the time when we also worked to persuade the government to improve sanitation facilities such as increasing drainage outlets and provide access to water for more flush toilets in rural areas. Educating the public about this need was a big part of our success," he explained.

The JTA continues to run seminars and workshops linking clean latrines to high health standards. The use of water for cleaning up after using the toilet was not part of Japanese culture, says Kato, but once people learned of the advantages they were eager to change. An important part of this change was the establishment of Japan Toilet Day, which falls on November 10.

Various aspects - such as conservation of water, sanitation, washing hands after each use and the environmental costs of toilet paper - are given an airing on that day. Ue points out that such programs helped ease the embarrassment that Japanese have in talking about toilets and contributed to public awareness of sanitation.

For example, toilet education in schools includes lessons on the workings of the sewage system as a method of safely disposing of latrine waste. This year's Toilet Day will focus on the theme of building more flush toilets in tourist spots.

Yet despite the progress and hoopla, some 30% of Japanese live in homes that do not have flush toilets connected to sewage systems, according to the Ministry of Construction.

One of the barriers to achieving 100% coverage, says Kato, is persuading the government to spend more on sanitation facilities in rural areas where the population is small and made up of older civilians who prefer the outmoded outhouses. Data show that flush-toilet usage in rural areas is still an abysmal 54%.

However, the overall success of the flush toilet in Japan has encouraged the JTA to begin work on promoting the concept to developing countries. Ue says JTA programs in countries such as Zambia and Sri Lanka concentrate on raising awareness in local communities and encouraging people to build their own toilets. The involvement of Japanese volunteers is a highlight of these programs.

Ue says that, like the Japanese before their flush-toilet revolution, people in many developing countries harbor a lack of respect for the toilet, and changing that could contribute greatly to higher sanitation standards.

louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

JAPAN: HOME OF HIGH-TECH DEPOSITS   
  By James Roth  07.07.04   

In 2002 NHK, the Japanese state supported television network, featured on one of its more popular programs, "Project X," the history of a Japanese original -- the high tech toilet.

The show, with the loosely translated tagline "Those who meet the challenge," highlights the feats of a small number of admirable Japanese at a time when the country is mired in the worst economic slump since World War II. "Project X" encourages ordinary Japanese to vicariously relive the past glories of a few. Past profiled engineering marvels include the world's longest suspension bridge, the Akashi Strait Bridge, and the Shinkansen, Japan's famous high-speed train. Men and women (usually the "dutiful wife") recall their roles in these projects emotionally, often with tears welling up in their eyes. They believe they made Japan, and sometimes the world, a better place to live.

While a toilet can hardly be compared to the design and engineering of a suspension bridge that stretches almost 2.5 miles, perhaps the homage the show paid to the toilet does, to a certain degree, reveal what is important to many Japanese: a clean butt as a reflection of the country's rise from the ashes of the war to join the industrialized nations of the world, whose citizens, presumably, also enjoy the fresh feeling of a clean butt.

The Japanese techno toilet, however, did not begin in Japan. As with other Japanese products, it began as an export to the U.S. and Europe in the early 1960s, when Toto, the world's largest producer of toilets, developed one for use in hospitals there. In 1964, a watershed year for Japan because the summer Olympics were held in Tokyo (the Shinkansen began operations the same year), the toilet was marketed domestically but failed to find a market. The Japanese, perhaps a bit confused by Western ways, were still used to their traditional squat-over-the-trough design.

It wasn't until 1982, at the beginning of Japan's economic boom, that the techno toilet caught on with the public. Thank a catchy ad campaign: an attractive young modern woman who says, "Well, my butt, I wanted it washed." The techno toilet is present in virtually every hotel, (if not in each room, at least in the high-traffic areas), department stores, and affluent homes. One with all the features -- bidet, air dry, adjustable water pressure -- can set an anal retentive back almost $3,000. In recent years, the control panel (digital, natch) has migrated from a truncated armrest similar in size to something found in a sports car, to a wall mounted remote control unit that allows the user to view the icons at eye level.

A few Westerners are so enamored by the techno toilet that share their experiences on various blogs, sometimes including photos and instructions to prevent fellow tourists from making the same mistakes they did. (You will need to know the kanji character for stop, by the way, to turn the jet spray of water off.)

The Japanese government, apparently unaware of Westerners' toilet confusion, has no information on its tourist website, part of an extensive ad campaign to lure tourists, giving the country a needed economic boost. The site takes pains to allay tourists' fears, assuring them that not everyone experiences alienation a la Bill Murray's character in "Lost in Translation."

louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »

ok, I'm going to stop now  Smiley

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

rotfl

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 04:11:49 PM »

I got my new toilet to install next week when I come off my night shift.

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/tools/bestflush/default.aspx

Look on the lower right and click on Champion 4 flushing system in action and watch those balls and bolts disappear. 

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »

I got my new toilet to install next week when I come off my night shift.

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/tools/bestflush/default.aspx

Look on the lower right and click on Champion 4 flushing system in action and watch those balls and bolts disappear. 

phew Oh....Golf balls!

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »

That's a heck of a toilet!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »

It is one heck of toilet and very affordable compared to Kohler and Toto. Now I can use Charmin......it traditionally is too absorbent and clogs the commode. This model was actually featured on NatGeo.  rotfl

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:41 AM »

Holy Cow... now can the pipes to the sewer handle what the toilet sucks down. huh?  I just realized I dreamed about a self flushing toilet last night. thud rotfl  In my dream it was stainless steel too.  How cold would that be.
I bet I was dreaming that one since I woke up on the edge of the bed really early this morning and Reggie had me squeezed over.  My back end must have been outside of the covers and got a little chili. blush

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

Holy Cow... now can the pipes to the sewer handle what the toilet sucks down. huh?  I just realized I dreamed about a self flushing toilet last night. thud rotfl  In my dream it was stainless steel too.  How cold would that be.
I bet I was dreaming that one since I woke up on the edge of the bed really early this morning and Reggie had me squeezed over.  My back end must have been outside of the covers and got a little chili. blush

rotfl  TMI!!!

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »

In my dream it was stainless steel too.  How cold would that be.

I couldn't help but think of the time last winter when ''the urge'' hit on the way to work.   I saw one of them blue
port-a-johns beside the highway and it was WAY before dawn.  When my butt hit that thing I think it stuck..
probably turned about the same color as the john.  that is one experience I could have done without.

Doc.. thud

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »

I will keep that in mind Doc.  At the race track there are port a potties everywhere and I have to be there early in the morning on the weekends and in the evenings.  Those seats may turn a bit chili. Snolaugh 

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »

yeah for the new toilet!!! I was excited when I replaced my toilet...it one of those tall elongated ones......so now i dont have the feeling of falling over when I try to sit down....its almost tall enough so i can dangle my feet. LOL. I was like a kid in a candy store.............called my brother to come over and test it out. see if he could clog it or not. LOL  blush

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »

Yesterday while I was working I checked out the link http://www.americanstandardus.com/tools/bestflush/default.aspx  with the toilet sucking up the golf balls... While I was checking out the site my manager boss walks by and looks at my screen.  He did not say anything until later when I said goodmorning to him.  He said he did not say anything to me when he walked by because I was on another website looking at toilets.  Then he asked, why are you looking at toilets?   rotfl  I cracked up and was telling him about the golf balls being sucked down, and all the other objects the toilet was sucking down.  Than we got into a toilet conversation. rotfl  It was funny.  I think he has learned to expect the unexpected from me. grinsno

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 05:23:10 PM »

LOL...nothing like having a "manly" talk about toilets with your boss....he was probably really impressed. LOL

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »

Yeah, I have not ever done that one before.  I cannot say that anymore.  I HAVE had a manly conversation about toilets with my boss now. Snolaugh

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster