February 24, 2020, 06:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xena Recall  (Read 2202 times)
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« on: November 19, 2008, 08:51:27 AM »

The good news is Xena is doing better than I thought.  I have been working with her on recall in the front yard and she is doing great so far. Happy Yell  I am pleasantly surprised since I have been doing it when I have the chance, not every day. 
I have been working with her off leash in the front yard, with the lunge line she does not try anything I think it is too heavy since it is for horses. thud
Yesterday she tried to jump when I went out the gate, I came back in, and she came right back to me when I called her.  She tried it one more time when I went out the gate and ran right to me when I came back in. clapping 
The part that scares me now to work with her outside the fence of securtiy.  I am not sure how to keep her secure and give her the idea to come back when I call her outside the fence.  Any suggestions? huh?  I am thinking of the retractable leash, or a rope, but I am not sure if there is something that is less noticable to her and still sturdy.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:17:51 AM »

Good news.  Happy Yell Keep it up. 

They make a super long lead just for training purposes. Most are cotton and average about 25ft long. Here is a link to one.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »

Thank you Layne.  Where is the link?  Did those running turkeys take off with it? Grin
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »

Glad she's doing so good!
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 05:44:31 PM »

you can buy a 20 or 30 ft lead at pretty much any pet store. THey are by the rest of the leashes. They usually are all wrapped up so they are a flat circle in a plastic bag. Sometimes you can walk right by them.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »

I guess I deleted the link.  doh bang your head

You can get them on line too places like Fosters and Smith, Cherry Brook Farms, and so on.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »

I guess I deleted the link.  doh bang your head

You can get them on line too places like Fosters and Smith, Cherry Brook Farms, and so on.
Cool thanks!  I am subscribed to Fosters and Smith website, so I will check it out.

you can buy a 20 or 30 ft lead at pretty much any pet store. THey are by the rest of the leashes. They usually are all wrapped up so they are a flat circle in a plastic bag. Sometimes you can walk right by them.
Walking right by them I have done a million times.  I always go to the leash section when I go to a pet store to check out any new collar styles that I cannot live without.  I have noticed leashes, but not any longer than 6 feet that I know of, they are usually hanging up.  I guess I have to pay more attention. Cheesy
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »

You can also get a cotton clothes line. It's super light and cheap!! Thats what I use mostly. I made a knot in one end and attach it to a caribeaner which a wrap around my waist for the lighter dogs and hang on tight for the larger dogs.

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 08:45:48 AM »

That's a good idea, thanks Hill. 
Xena has done so much better.  I am proud of her.   I have been able to catch her before she jumps which has helped a lot.  One time when she did jump, my truck door was open, she jumped out of the yard and went into the truck. rotfl  I had to give her a ride. 
I have not worked with her as much with horse racing season.  It is funny, cuz now that I am not working with her as much she is in to a lot more trouble, she counter surfs more, gets into the garbage MORE and chases the cats MORE.  When I was doing something with her she was better behaved all the way around.  She really needs a job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster