July 30, 2014, 08:07:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mmmmm..........kale!  (Read 830 times)
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« on: September 02, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

We haven't been big kale eaters ever, but after reading an article that named it one of the top ten superfoods, we decided we would. So tonight, this is what we had for supper.....

Steam some brown rice. Wash a bunch of kale, strip it from the stems, and microwave it, covered with a cup of water, for 6-8 minutes. Saute together olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, and chopped turkey bacon. When that's nearly done, add the microwaved kale and some of the residual water. When the water cooks out and the kale is completely wilted, add salt and pepper to taste and serve over the brown rice.

Yummmmmeeeee!!!!!

YUM

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:44:37 PM »

It sounds good.........and easy to make.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »

It was way too easy, and I think it actually sounds pretty good for us too.

Here's the article that started us looking for more info. Apparently kale has everything....vitamins A, C and K, manganese, calcium, iron, no cholesterol, fiber and protein.

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100212809

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
5dogs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »

Good to know. I was going to make a kale recipe yesterday, but after going to 3 grocery stores, I couldn't get any!

Dog is my co-pilot.

To err is human, to forgive canine. -Anonymous

http://www.nopuppymillscanada.ca/
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »

Quote from: mmgy

Here's the article that started us looking for more info. Apparently kale has everything....vitamins A, C and K,
[/quote

I dearly LOVE kale .  Honestly...   But you have to be careful to avoid it if U are taking a blood thinner. like
Kumaden [sp]  or the generic Warfrin [?]  Vitamin K is what they give U when they think U have taken too much
anti-coagulant..

Doc.. footstomp 

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »

Screwed that up , didn't I ...   Doc.. huh?

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »

I understood it Stan!

We're having that new recipe tonight, though we're adding onions instead of mushrooms. I'll let y'all know....!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster