February 28, 2020, 01:46:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanitary solutions?  (Read 1492 times)
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« on: August 20, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »

The poopy puppies are just that for once. Poopy.

My grandma works during the day and she takes the puppies outside in the morning before she leaves and in the afternoon when she gets back. During the day she leaves them in the kitchen with newspapers and it is really unsanitary. They don't just poop/pee on the papers and you can't go into the kitchen barefoot. Plus, they have been eating Purina ONE and so their poop stinks and even Grandma is commenting on it. We got them some Nutra Nuggets the other day. It's really gross. In nice weather she leaves them outside during the day in a converted cattery that now serves as a puppy/small dog run, but that is not going to last much longer because rainy season is coming (September thru mid-June rotfl ).

There is no other real place the dogs can go during the day unless they were crated and they are too young to hold it that long. My grandma has a vast collection of crates and ex-pens that I suppose could be made use of, but there isn't that much room in the kitchen that they could be penned in. Maybe if the den is cleaned out.

I have told Grandma that my next project after my room is Remus's kennel. What I really want to do is kind of bring him under my wing and let him be in my room with Kahaus if I can get them to get along, but I don't know if Grandma will allow that. We'll see. I just feel bad for him living inthat kennel all the time and he is in equally unsanitary conditions. My cousin and I brushed and bathed him about a month ago and he still looks/feels/smells good fromit, but he looked like he hadn't been brushed in literally months. It was disgusting. I think it is good my grandma was banned from getting more big dogs by the doctor because she is getting too old to take good care of them.

Blech...

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »

Okay. Just how many dogs are going to be living on that one piece of property?

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 11:14:47 PM »

Grandma has a kennel license so she can have more than four dogs, but I doubt it will ever get very high again. Plus Kahaus, the total is five.

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster