September 01, 2014, 01:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The G-Herd Inn is Full!!  (Read 1834 times)
ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« on: July 21, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »

Ok, this is part of why I've been busy lately and not on here alot.  I recently got in 4 new girls from AZ.  Yep, they're all the way from AZ.  How in the world did Jenn get 4 piggies from AZ when she lives in the middle of IL?  That's what ya'll are thinking, huh?  Well, let me tell ya.  One of the APPR's (Arizona Piggie Poo Rescue) volunteers/foster families decided to take an RV from AZ to MI for vacation.  And this family offered to deliver any of APPR's piggies to anyone on their route.  APPR took in about 13 himi/PEW mixes.  I was only supposed to get 2 piggies (Jetta & Halo) but at the last minute I found out that they were getting ready to take in 100 breeder piggies.  I had hem & hawed about two other piggies but decided not to take in 4 until I found out about the breeder situation.  Soooooooooooooo, Jenn opened her home up to 4 piggies instead of 2 in order to help APPR free up spots for the breeder piggies.

*WARNING*  The following paragraph has some graphic details.

This breeder is just horrible.  From what I've learned, the breeder treats these poor babies terribly.  The piggies are in a garage w/ no air-condition, no ventilation and crammed into small wading pools.  The breeding sows are the worse off.  I've been told that the "people" would perform c-sections on the sows that were half dead or dead to get the babies out.  (The people were suppling GPs to a particular petshop in the TX and surrounding areas.)  They would perform amputations on piggies feet for bumble foot even though it's treatable.  And other disgusting conditions. 

So, here are the new kids on the block.  They arrived on July 4th.  I finally have a self-black piggie in the house.  There's always been two specific piggies that I wanted a himi (which I now have 2 himis & 3 himi/PEW mixes) and a self-black.

Jetta Midnite Star (aka Jetta)-Jetta is the youngest at about 6mons old and she's a self-black piggie.

Halo Heaven Leigh (aka Halo)-Halo is a himi/PEW mix girl around 8mons old.  She has these really cute smudges on each side of her nose.  It's like she was eating chocolate and didn't wipe her face off well.  She's the most skittish of the group.

Abigail Irene Storm (aka Abbey)-Abbey is probably the oldest of the four.  She's around 13mons old and a Peruvian/Abby mix girl.  She and Josie were cagemates.  I fell in love w/ Abbey before I knew about her cagemate.  Once I saw her cagemate and heard about the 100 piggies needing help, they were the next two to make the trip.

Josephine Raelyn Thunder (aka Josie)-Josie is a doll baby!  She's around 10mons old and is a full Peruvian girl.  She has some long flowing hair.  I have another long haired girl, Mia who is a Peruvian/Silkie mix but her hair is long from her head towards her butt.  Josie's hair is long all over.  She has bedhead every day.  On top of being a peruvian, she's also blind in her right eye which is a weakness of mine.  She doesn't need any special treatments just to make sure she can get around the cage w/ no problems and she does!

So, there you have them.  The four new kids in the herd.  I've recently split up my cage to have two larger herds and a smaller one plus our summertime piggie.  I tried to get my two neutered boys to get along but they fought so badly that they drew blood and had some major puncture wounds.  Luckily, they both healed and now each have their own harem of women. 

So we have Rascal (one boy) living w/ Piper, Luna, Roxie, Jetta, Halo, Abbey & Josie.  They're pretty much the younger herd (2yrs and younger).  The other herd is Patches (our other boy) living w/ Lily, Mia, Callie, Bailey, Khloe & Puddin.  The smaller herd live my two senior girls-Angel & Gracie w/ Coco.  Coco is almost 3yrs old and hasn't been feeling well.  To help her not lose so much weight, I put her in w/ the slower girls.  And then we have Hunny who we are pigsitting for the summer.  We inherited her the last day of school.  She'll be going back in a few weeks. 

Well that's part of what's been keeping me busy this summer.  I really enjoy my piggies.  I think piggies and doggies are my favoritest animals of all time.  I came this () close to getting a 8mon old pug a few months ago but knew that the landlord would have a cow.  *sigh*  footstomp  One day we'll get my pug. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:08:19 PM by ZoeyGirl (JennG) » Logged

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »

I love the name of their rescue!! LOL...too cute. sounds like you have a lot of little piggies now!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »

Your new piggies are really cute.  luvsmile

It's sad to hear what is happening to the piggies in that breeding program. Totally disgusting.  enraged

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »

That is disgusting! It amazes me the level that people will stoop to...

Good for you for opening your home up to make room for the more needy ones.

MecheleP
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »

waving Wow they are so cute.....I wish I knew more about GP's
I am kinda clueless when it comes to them, but I know one thing they are so so cute Smiley
Thank you for opening your home to them!
Great Pics and love the names!  HI5

Sad about those crazy breeders crying

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:53:41 AM »

That breeding program is disgusting!   enraged

I'm glad these four lucky ones found a home with you Jenn.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »

luvsmile I think I'm in love with Josie!  She's a stunner.  kiss

You are an angel!  big hug

k9krazee (Ashley)
Willing to make signatures upon request :)
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

Aww, I've been pig-less for quite awhile now and you're making me miss them! Tongue I love Jetta, she reminds me of my self-black boy (and first GP ever), Henry. You're awesome for taking all these little guys in!!

Ashley and Crossbone ("Miniature ACD")

Living with my parents: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTs)
RIP Kyra: 7/11/04 - 11/3/12 & Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08
Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »

They are so pretty.  luvsmile  Of course I have not ever seen a piggie that is not.
People do abuse breeding piggies.  What makes me sick is people breed them because they are so cute, they let them breed too often and many of the females die giving birth. enraged
Mine are rescues too.  GPs are fun to have and very friendly if anyone wants to adopt one.
Jenn can get it right to you and we can both tell ya how to build a cage.  Jenn's cages are much more extravagant than mine.  Mine is one story, and open with a little room in the back for the piggies to hide.

ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »

Janet, you're too sweet!  You have 4 piggies and your cage sounds perfect for them.  I have...um, alot and needed a more sturdier frame.  Smiley  I'm hoping to find out if our summer time piggie, Hunny, will be going back to school.  We register the kids tomorrow.  It just bothers me that the teacher hasn't called one time this entire summer to check up on her!   wimpering

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »

Jenn,
I was so thinking about you yesterday.  I was at the Humane Society adopting two pet rats, one for me and one for Brandon.  Brandon paid their adoption fee... and is taking care of them for me.
There were 3 piggies there for adoption.  One was a male, super pretty longed haired one.  Hold one I got to look up piggie breeds to identify them...
Okay, one looked like a Coronet or a Peruvian,it was a HUGE male. There was one American, pure black and the funny thing was it's HS name was Janet. blush  The other one was named Chrissy from Three's Company. Cheesy  It was a calico pattern hair that went POOF!  According to the breed site that would be a Teddy.  I kinda want the Teddy.  I am out of money until Friday payday.  We will see.  I also saw a little dog I really like. thud

ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »

I LOVE my peruvian girl, Josie.  She's the longer haired girl pictured in this thread.  Now the poofy-haired piggie could be a peruvian/abby mixed girl like my Luna.  Lily is my teddy girl and himi.  Smiley  Me love duh himi piggies! And then I have Mia who is a silky; the fur grows from her head to her butt.  Peruvians hair grows over their faces and back.

Luna

Lily

Mia

And here's Callie who is an abby (They have swirly hair that looks like they just rolled out of bed.)

And just for kicks & giggles, here's a picture of my Patches (neutered boy) who's an American.  The fur is straight.

And one other hairstyle that I've had in my house is a texel.  I fostered three texel girls last winter.  They have long, wavy hair.  Here's an overview pic of Patches.

There are a few different types of piggies that I don't have a picture of like a ridgeback.  They have a white crest on the top of their head.  And there are piggies called satin but that's more of a description than a hair type (like a himi is a description).  Satin piggies' fur is REALLY shiny.  Oh, I almost forgot about skinny & baldwin piggies.  I know there is a difference between the two, one type has more fur but both are pretty nekkid (naked).  So there you have it-GP101.   Grin
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:03:04 PM by ZoeyGirl (JennG) » Logged

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 12:36:36 AM »

I have two abby's and one I cannot remember the name of it, she has a puff on top of her head and the rest of her is flat coated, a crescent? huh?
My american passed away about a year ago.  The 3 I have are doing very well.
I had MY rat out tonight, I had laundry on the bed... she squirmed from my hands, and went down a pair of my pants.  She hid in there for a long long time.  The boys asked me where Suzi QT was, I said in my pants. rotfl  They both gave me a really weird look, kinda with a smile and confused look at the same time kinda like this  Cheesyhuh?  I let them know she is in my pants on the bed.  She is hiding. Then they were like this...  Grinphew
When I went to go put her back, she was like the piggies can be when they get close to their cage, she about leaped from my hand to get back in. eeek  I guess we have some handling time to spend.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 12:43:31 AM »

They both gave me a really weird look, kinda with a smile and confused look at the same time

I bet you get that a lot.  Grin

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 12:45:45 AM »

rotfl It depends on who I am talking to. 
Some people finally quit trying to figure me out and are just amused. Grin

ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »

Rats in your pants, huh?  I have a friend that seems to keep her pets in her bra!   rotfl  Long story but funny!

Here's a boy that has the American style hair but w/ a poof on top.  I think he's a ridgeback.

Or is it more like this one:

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »

More like Arthur.
AND when I went to put Suzi QT away last night, I was wearing a button up blouse.  She crawled in the button space into my shirt. eeek Ouch little claws. rotfl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster