October 19, 2019, 07:40:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm pathetic  (Read 1262 times)
janpo1
Global Moderator

« on: July 07, 2005, 05:25:10 AM »

Ok i admit it~ I'm pathetic and what i did this week will show you just how much.

Tuesday is my husbands golf day but coming off a holiday i knew he'd have a late day and he would just be able to come home ~ let Molly out and then leave for his golf .  Lord knows he can NEVER EVER miss golf.  Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  I got to thinking~ poor molly ~ she will be home by herself from 8:30 am until around 3:30 and then he'll zip in ~ let her out and then leave her again and with me working until 6 pm I just feel that's too much time alone for her.  Sooooooooooooooooooooooo  I come in to work that morning and fake a headache~ yes~ fake i said.  I must say i did a good job of it because by 4 pm i was at home with molly and husband had just left for his golf game.

Ok~ next pathetic thing:

I was supposed to go to chicago on business in august.  The only way that would work would be to board molly for a day.  My husband leaves for work at 4 in the morning and molly needs her medicine and there would be no one here to give it to her so that won't work to keep her home.  I don't have a problem boarding molly but were leaving in august for our vacation in Vegas and i just think twice in one month is too much.  Now my boss is not an animal lover so i had to do some umm white fibs so i wouldn't have to go on this trip and leave molly.  My daughter is going to visit us from California this month so what i did was ummm i kind of told my umm boss that Shannon my daughter was coming home in august instead of saying july which is when she really is coming home.

Ok~ am i pathetic or not?  I fake a headache so molly won't have as much alone time at home and then i fib to my boss and rearrange the dates my daughter is visiting so I don't have to go on this chicago trip.

Anyone else rearrange their lives like this?  Grin

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 06:41:50 AM »

Ahhhh....the things we do for our beloved dogs. Your not pathetic...you love Molly.  Heart

I've been sick with numerous illnesses on Joey's behalf.  wink2

Lindsay- Bernie's Mom
Dog Addict!

Has a zoo.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 07:02:32 AM »

Nope, you're not pathetic!

I missed MANY class and work days when Bernie was going through his surgery and recovery last month. Especially for the week after the surgery when it was critical that he not touch those stitches. Even my mom gave an "I'm sick" excuse to her work so she could be with me during his surgery. All those missed lectures ended up hurting my grade in that class a little, but it was worth it to me and I would do it again.
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 07:40:17 AM »

Not pathetic! Loving Smiley I've never faked sick for the dogs, but that's only cause BF always beats me to it!!! Smiley

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 08:01:40 AM »

Totally not pathetic!  Been there myself!
amayer
Howls at the Moon!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 09:07:49 AM »

Forget faking it...when Kaiya was a puppy I called in and told my boss my dog was sick and needed to go to the vet.  I guess I would have gotten a different response if I had said I can't come in because my dog will be lonely. rotflmao
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 09:09:39 AM »

My boss actually told me once~ do not tell me your taking off because of your dog.  Lie to me and tell me it's your kids.  So i did  Grin

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 09:53:37 AM »

rotflmao  Funny.

After Maggie's night at the e-vet with the vomiting, I wrote in and said I'd "been at the ER with my dog all night, she was throwing up, and I'm working from home today so I can keep an eye on her."

I have no qualms about leaving early if I just miss them and want to go home to hang out with them. I only wish I could get out of this upcoming trip. It's really screwing everything up. I think I'm getting the flu.  wink2

PEACE FOR THE ANIMALS http://www.meat.org/
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 09:59:32 AM »

Ahh yesss . . . the flu . . . *cough*cough*hack*

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 11:52:07 AM »

Yup; I've done that before.  My first week with Frosty, my parents let me stay home for like three days just to help him get acquainted with the house and learn to potty outside.  I don't think I ever did that for Kahaus, but definitely fr Frosty and possibly for Redeeva.

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 12:49:09 PM »

Pathetic?  Aren't we all?  At this point, my boss thinks I have something terribly wrong with me cuz I'm sick all the time - well, you know, cough, cough  who knows.  I know I'm pathetic - not only do I take time off for my dog, I leave work for emergencies for my friend's dogs  thud  Then, I spend a good portion of most days on-line for anything dog related.

Oh, yeah, let's not mention the time I'm going to take off to go to NY and pick up Jackson.  Two big dogs with medical issues - boy, I guess I'll let my boss know I will only be coming in one day a month! 

I have to say, I have the best job in the world for my situation.  My boss never questions why I take time off or asks why I leave early.  Nor does he give me a hard time for not coming in.  Sometimes life is good!

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 12:57:38 PM »

rotfl rotfl rotfl  Lovenewfies!!

What kind of job do you have that you have that much flexibility?  Whatever it is I want it!!!

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 01:16:21 PM »

I do mainly accounting & legal work for a construction company.  Lucky for me it's a fairly small company and I can take my work home with me, too.  I am, though, on the phone quite often for the company.  I also have a secretary to take care of all the smaller stuff.   }${

If I really want to work hard while I'm here, I could do my job in one 8 hour day a week, but, I don't work 8 hour days  Grin  I gave up on those a long time a go.  Go ahead, hate me cuz I have the perfect job.   peepwall 

Life is good! 

Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 03:00:56 PM »

That is so not pathetic!

I called in sick today because Corgi looked a little lonely! Hee hee hee.

He looks so giddy that mommy is home. I love my boy.

The things we do for your furbabies!
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 03:18:24 PM »

Lucky Corgi! He's so cute, how could you resist? Somedays the face they make before you leave in the morning is just sooooooooooooooooo sad - it kills me to leave sometimes!

See, if we all live in our dog community, we can work there too, and then we can call in and say "Hey - Logan's a little sad looking - I think I'll stay home." And then so and so will say "okay, hope he gets happier!" Cheesy

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 04:32:32 PM »

you are sooo not pathetic Jan, just a good dog mom Smiley  I will make up excuses not to go out on the weekend just  so I can curl up with my dogs and watch a movie or I come home early just to see them--fortunatley now most of my friends are as dog crazy as I am so we just bring the dogs along now--solves all the problems  wink2

Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 04:34:51 PM »

Sarah, I love your doggy community idea!  Now all one of us has to do is hit the lottery.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 04:52:20 PM »

ya know the only down side is that all of us who have dh's would have someone else to complain to about how the dogs get all the attention  rotflmao

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster