February 24, 2020, 06:25:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boris is signed up  (Read 2090 times)
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« on: March 17, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »

I registered Boris for his first Manners Class, I told BF we have to put this boy in a class cause he is just way to strong to handle already, dont know what we will do when he gets full grown if we dont nip it now.

Boris minds fairly well at home loose, but on leash he gets too excited, and he about jerks my shoulder out of the socket.  He knows the word NO and he is getting pretty good at Come, he just has to learn dont hurt mommies arm and shoulders Grin

We cant get started until next month cause I decided to go with the class at our local Humane Society, it is for young dogs 6-18 months that are over 40 lbs, I told BE he is going with and I might even make him try the training part in class, I think it will do him good too.  I am going to try and work a little bit more at home n the mean time, so we can be in better control when we start class.

Wish us luck as he starts his next step to being a grown up Dog!!!  Big Lug that he is rotfl
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »

Good Luck!!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:01:57 PM »

That is great!   I think you are wise to get a good grip on training while he is younger rather than older and bigger.  Do you want to take my horse too? Grin  Just kidding.  Most of the time he is actually easy to control and he is well trained, he just tests me here and there.
I think Boris will do great and enjoy it too. clapping 
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »

A manners class sounds good. Can Kaden sit next to Boris? blush

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:35:06 AM »

If I was gonna take a horse with, it would be DC, he forgets hes suppose to mind, Spot would be a God Send

As for Kaden can he cover the minimum of 40 lbs rotfl

I will let you guys know how it goes when we begin, we are feeling bad cause Natasha never got a official class training, Rocky had 2 classes Puppy Class and Advanced Puppy class, but he was so lazy even then, he breezed through it, the hardest part was the Instructor would have to tell Rocky to wake up so she could use him to demonstrate all the lessons, she used him for all the here's how it's done, he did anything she asked and while all the other puppies were yipping and going crazy Rocky would lay down and take a nap.

Natasha is good on a leash she never pulls, and I myself have gone through the Come, Sit, Shake we need to work a little more on the Stay, but she is a good girl already.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:58:16 PM »

That is funny Rocky had to be woke up to perform. rotfl
I bet if Kaden wore a doggie pack with some weights in it he could make the extra pounds. Grin
After the way Spot behaved yesterday he could use some obedience/manner training.  I thought he might be happy to see ME, (that happens when you think like me, it is all about me  Grin) So, to burst my ME bubble, Spot came running up to me, pushed opened his gate and took off after Figment. eeek  They got in a fight, but both are fine.  Today he is not going to barrel thru his gate and plow everyone over to get to another horse.  I am up on his frame of mind now. rotfl
DC and Spot both make the 40 lb limit.  Let's sign them up. Cheesy
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 06:41:25 AM »

Sounds like Spot can be a little stinker, I thought by the time they reach that age they know to behave themselves, DC turns 6 in May PLEASE dont tell me I have to look forward to him being a brat for the next 18-20 years thud
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »

Spot is definitely a stinker.  Yes, no matter how old they get, as long as they feel good they think they are still 3 yr olds. I think the only difference AFTER an attitude adj. Spot will settle down and behave as he should.  I work with a 7 yr old thoroughbred racehorse, Fireman.  He responds to me really well, but boy does he play games.  I have been working him in the round pen this week for my dad.  Everytime I would have him change directions, he would jump up off all fours, kick and buck and run around. rotfl  Just a few weeks ago while cleaning his rear hooves, he kicked back and knocked me to my butt. thud  Now thankfully Spot does not do things like that anymore.  Spot just tries to over power me to get his way sometimes.
You know how those big animals are. Grin
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:30 PM »

Well the time is here, we go to Boris's first class this Sunday, but it's strange to me, Boris doesn't go to this first one, only the people go, so me and BF get to go get our training this Sunday, and Boris catches up  with us next week.

This is going to be very interesting!!!!! huh?
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 08:08:06 PM »

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
A.J.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »

clapping Good luck!  Hope he does well! 
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »

The first meeting is letting the humans know what to expect, what equipment is needed and your homework for the first week. eeek
Just do not tell Boris where you are going.  He will not think anything of you and BF going to his training class without him. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster