July 09, 2020, 12:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kaden Behaved  (Read 2106 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« on: January 13, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »

Just a very small brag. Today at lunch I took Kaden and Kiva for a walk. We met a new resident with the most adorable Dachshund puppy named Miji I think it was. She was so little and is a black and silver dapple color. Anyway, Kiva met her without problems as usual. Kiva loves everyone and everything. Kaden was much more intense. I was really worried he might attack Miji. I let him inch closer to her and she was very calm and still. I could sense she was intimidated by him. But he was very well behaved. thud thud  He sniffed her head a bit and she returned the same. Then they sniffed butts. He was so calm....though cautious.

I think if Miji had been wound up it might have triggered his manic attack. This is only the second time he has met another dog without being a doodoo head. The other was a white toy poodle a few months ago who just bounded up to him and started playing.

I am starting to wonder if his naughty behavior is fear based.

I know it's small but it's huge for Kaden.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »

clapping That's so cool he's learning. Maybe he's becoming more secure?
A.J.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »

HI5  What a good boy!  Maybe he felt that you were calm submissive with it too! 
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 05:37:34 AM »

that is great!!! 

Maybe your right and it is fear based depending on how the other dog acts.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »

Happy Yell  Yay for Kaden!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »

That is fabulous, Layne!!!!   HI5

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »

Happy Yell Kaden.  You are making progress. 
Fear based does make sense.  Xena responds to others by fear.  The only thing I do not understand is we got her when she was about 6 weeks old saving her life from another dog attack.  She is fearful of some people and some other dogs.  I did socialize her when she was younger and she did great.  Later I got busier and only walked her at home.  She is great with people she sees a lot and loves kids, but other adults she becomes fearful who come into her yard and the same with other dogs.  None of my other dogs are that way, except for Meakoe who will just plain bite for walking on his property or looking like you are going to hurt me.  So it was something she felt before me or she had and I did not help her overcome it enough growing up.
I did not see the signs of this behavior until she was about 1yr old.  She is 2yrs old now. huh? The only thing I can think of is she remembers her first 6 wks of life when other dogs and adults, and two little kids were not good to her at all.  She has gotten better as she grows up, but it really takes someone showing her they are boss for her not to try to bite them.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »

Happy Yell Its not small when you are dealing with a dog like Kaden. Good job to both of you!!

Carole
Dog Addict!

Sergeant Sunny a.k.a "Sarge"

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 03:13:05 PM »

Happy Yell Its not small when you are dealing with a dog like Kaden. Good job to both of you!!

HI5

Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nose
ewin0210
Staff Writer

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »

That's awesome layne. Just think what a little more time with you and Kiva will do for him. I bet a year from now this will be old hat!!!!!!!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 05:58:20 PM »

Hey Layne, After you get Kaden straightened out, I will send you my dogs, my sons, DH... you will not have to worry about me, my dad has me under his wing still. grinsno
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:08:39 PM »

Good job, Kaden.  Happy Yell Progress, small or big, is really good news, Layne.
You guys have been working hard on this and it seems it starts paying off.  clapping

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »

woohoonana

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 01:37:35 AM »

Thanks. I wonder why he liked the little white dog?  head scratch

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster