April 20, 2014, 07:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you collect ?  (Read 1577 times)
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 12:39:25 AM »

I collect Dream Catchers
I also like windchimes,

I love Dream Catchers too, and wind chimes..  Don't have any DC's now, but I love the sound of chimes. Especially the little glass ones we used to get in the Chinese store.

Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:17 AM »

I heard if you have wind chimes near your door way it brings in wealth.  I am not sure if it is a wealth of happiness, peace, love, or all of the above.  I have one of horses in my front yard, one set of chimes above my pond and one on the back porch by the yard.  I love to hear them chime even when I am trying to sleep.
We have dream catchers in all the bedrooms too since DH is Native American and we believe in what they do.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:10 AM »

I need to replenish my supply of both.... soon.

Mechele
Inactive Member

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »

I love windchimes and used to make DC's

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,
kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that made you smile.
louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 06:04:58 AM »

I have a set of windchimes outside my bedroom window. They only chime with a north wind. I love to wake up and hear them because that means the heat of summer is coming to a close, though we've had a very mild summer this year with all the rain. Last year at this time we had already had over 10 days over 100!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

I want a mild summer.  Actually at the beginning of our monsoon season (rainy season) we have had cold fronts.  Temps have been under 100s for a few days in a row.
Wind chimes are like aquariums, they can be very relaxing.  Aquariums are relaxing to watch, and windchimes are relaxing to hear.  Maybe we need to set up aquariums with wind chimes above them. huh?

ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »

I don't collect anything in particular now because my kids tend to take things over.  When I was younger, I had a lot of different things I collected:  teddy bears, masks (like from Mardi Gras types), Beanie Babies...Now not anything in particular. 

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »

I have windchimes outside too, front and back, I love to hear them as I go to sleep on a cool night with a breeze blowing.

As far as windchimes by the front door bringing wealth, the only wealth I have, is the love of some very wonderful beautiful furbabies Heart woof.....huh....wonder would I trade that for wealth?

Nope..love them furbabies way too much, Roll Eyes even more than money  cheeky

I am not Native American, but I love things made by them, and I do believe too, that is why I named DC that, he was my biggest life long dream!!  luvsmile
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »

That is so cool.  I love DC's name. My sister who has no Native Amer. in her either makes dream catchers.  She actually made ours.  She also draws excellent chalk drawings of Native Amer. women and elder men.  I am the only one to marry an Indian.  My kids are the only ones in the family to be our blood and Indian blood.  Unfortunately DH was not raised by his culture, but the history of his ancestors is super interesting to me. 
I also believe in the luck of horse shoes above your door way.  My mom always believed that, we have always had horseshoes in our house and we do now.  In my house we have horse shoes, dream catchers, and crosses.  We have a combination of beliefs in here.  That is the way I like it.  Not one way, but many.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster