July 08, 2020, 11:32:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it make you sad...  (Read 970 times)
IluvMyPups
Dog Addict!

« on: May 21, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »

To see the same dog on petfinder for months? There have been dogs that have been on petfinder ever since I started my search for a dog. They have been way too far to go to though.. I didn't have a car and I still don't so there was no way I could get out there.

*sigh*

What about you?

-Thea

Thanks Ashley(k9krazee)
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »

It just plain makes me sad to see so many there.
IluvMyPups
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »

There are two dogs in Idaho that I really like from their photos, but obviously can't adopt them or anything so I'm just trying to let people know about them so they can go to a good home. I guess you only do what you can. LA is the worst I think, and than Little Rock, AR comes second.. from what I can tell there are SO many dogs and they are HIGH KILL shelter.

Thanks Ashley(k9krazee)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 09:44:31 PM »

There is a dog on Petfinder down here named Homer. He looks like a really sweet guy. He has been on Petfinder for ages but the rescue demands he go to a home with a fenced yard. Rosa, a Cairn down in Houston, has been in rescue for two years waiting a forever home. Okay, I am sorry, but if you're a foster home, and have had a dog with you for two years, that dog is yours. It's grown accustomed to your home, it's routine, and has bonded to you. Take the ad off Petfinder and  accept the fact that you have new canine kid. pulling hair
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:39:34 PM by Layne » Logged

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
IluvMyPups
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 09:49:12 PM »

Layne, I completely agree. After two years with YOU they start to trust you and to be ripped away from that would be pretty unfair to the dog, but it happens all the time though..

Thanks Ashley(k9krazee)
louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 06:19:01 AM »

I tried to foster Angel, but she came to me with horrible ear infections we almost have cleared up. She would not have been adopted out till that was taken care of. After about 6 weeks I realized we were all too attached to let her go so I officially adopted her. I was happy to have her, but sad that I flunked fostering and would not be able to help other dogs find a home (I'm at my limit for my city) I think it would have been easier to hold out if she and the dogs didn't get along so well and if she didn't so obviously bond to me. I was watching her (45 pounds) play with Odie (9 pounds) last night and thinking how great they were together.

IluvMyPups
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 02:39:46 PM »

Anyone live in Spokane who wants a great dog?? Come on... 12/3/06..You know you want to..

Notes: In 12/3/06. Hi there, my name is Kate! I came to the shelter as a stray and even though I can't tell you about my past, I can tell you that I am very sweet and well mannered. Please come and meet me soon....I will make your day!
Please refer to my I.D. number when you contact the shelter about me. Adoption fees include spay or neuter (required) and up-to-date vaccinations.

This pet is up to date with routine shots.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7493396

Spokane Humane Society
Spokane, WA
(509) 467-5236
animals@spokanehumanesociety.org

Boxer,German Shepherd Dog Mix

Size: Medium
    ID: 1955086

Thanks Ashley(k9krazee)
scarlet
Dog Addict!

Wheek Wheek Wheek

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 03:19:39 PM »

I know what you all mean, I feel so bad for the ones that are in shelters for so long.  Sometimes I just want to take them all home...I hope somday I have a nice big house so I take some more home!

If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!
IluvMyPups
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »

I really like the dog above..poor thing. I hope she doesn't go kennel crazy.

Thanks Ashley(k9krazee)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster