December 15, 2018, 01:24:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: xmasscene

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need good website/book/article recommendations  (Read 951 times)
Eightdogs4me
Dog Addict!

My two outlaws

« on: May 19, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »

I am currently babysitting a dog (he goes home tomorrow) that was recently switched to the raw diet (like right before he came to me two weeks ago).  The owner got most of her raw information from petgrub.com which to me doesn't seem to provide balanced meal information.  She feeds him two parts meat (she brought chicken and ground beef) and one part veggie mush and thats it.  Well, she gives him a hartz mulit vitamin  hand .  Anyway, she didn't bring any bones (ground or whole) so I assume he doesn't get them.  I'm afraid that he will end up with his calcium/phosphorus ratio and other things unbalanced.  I've been giving him whole eggs (shells and all) with his meals since he has been with me.

Does any one have any sites or books to recommend to her?  I'm going to give her Lauire's site (rawdogranch.com) and will suggest the Pitcarn book I have...although I can't remember the name of it right now.  Does anyone have any favorites to add?

Thanks!

banana wave Emily and the Gang! banana wave
ava
Howls at the Moon!

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 05:26:24 PM »

when you google raw dogfood diet you get lots of results. I think the best is the Barf diet, You might also search this website for old posts on
raw diet because there was lots of talk about it during the dog food recall crisis.

Ava, Bandit and Gracie
from the desert of arizona
where the wind blows and
the tumbleweeds roll
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »

You can check this one out - I haven't gone through the entire site, but, there are some other informative links
http://home.earthlink.net/~pawsreflect/nutrition.html

and this one http://www.adoptarott.net/Proper_Nutrition_for_your_Rottweiler.htm

Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Dog-Food-Make-Easy/dp/1929242093/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-3788309-4256410?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179620914&sr=8-1

informative but easy to understand book.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster