July 08, 2020, 10:44:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cross Your Fingers for Me  (Read 8080 times)
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 05:24:19 PM »

woohoo

My brain says to be cautiously optimistic, but my heart says go Layne go!!!!!  bouncy2

You're gonna post from the shelter, right???????????

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

Happy Yell  Congrats Layne!  I hope it works out for you.  I know when we introduced new piggies to the other girls we did it on neutral grounds.  There was always alittle (or sometimes more) scuffling, butt sniffing and such but they get used to each other.  I'm sure it's a bit different w/ dogs but sounds like you know what to do.  Good luck and can't wait for tomorrow.  And then, of course, Friday we'll need LOTS of pictures.   funny dance

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 06:01:42 PM »

bouncy2 Great to see you've been approved. I truly hope that the visit tomorrow goes well and that you all click (including Her Highness). That little boy (a cutie, I've finally seen him) would be in heaven with you. Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's news.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
shadow94
Dog Addict!

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »

Good luck.  I agree with everyone when they say it will be good for Kiva.  It may take her awhile to adjust but she will come around.  Just remember to enforce the pecking order (Kiva alpha) and it will make the transition easier.  I am lookig forward to an update  dancydog
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 06:53:47 PM »

bouncy2 I'm so glad you got approved! Good luck!!!  big hug

Mechele
Inactive Member

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »

woohoo Congrats....Hope things works out for you !  big hug
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !
Hope all goes well and you can bring this lil fellow home !
Best of Luck Layne  bouncy2

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,
kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that made you smile.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 08:03:37 PM »

What good news. I hope things continue to fall into place this easily.

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »

Awwwww!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 10:05:03 PM »

Fingers crossed, hope it all works out, and you all live happily ever after!!!
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 12:59:22 AM »

Okay, I am home from work, fed myself and Kiva, and have time to add a bit more info. Kansas, the little Cairn, was found running lose off highway 287. One of the shelter workers picked him up. There is a man about 2 miles from the shelter that breeds Cairns. They thought one of his dogs was loose so they took Kansas there. Turns out, Kansas was not one of his dogs. This part pisses me off. They asked him if he wanted to take Kansas or foster him and the dork said no! hand enraged Cairns are very rare in this part of the country so the fact that one was ambling down the road in a small Texas town is amazing.  jawdrop

Anyway..............his refusal opens the door for me. The head placement counselor does not allow Cairns or any other terrier to go into Cairn rescue. They are so strict and knit picky they have a very poor placement rate. She will allow Cairns and other terriers to go into the local Scottie rescue.

Whether or not I take Kiva depends on the weather. We had tornadoes again tonight. The weather is typical spring weather and driving in a tornado with a tornado in my truck does not sound appealing. eeek rotfl I only have a car harness for Kiva. I will have to buy a crate tomorrow morning.

My worst fear is over the Wooby. The Wooby is Kiva's whole reason for being. She is madly attached to that fleece toy. My second concern is over marking. Kansas is intact and might be a marker. Kiva being the dominant little terrier she is likes to mark outside. It took ages for me to convince the vets that she marks like a male.......only outside. Having two terriers in a pissing match inside frightens me. scared  I'm glad I didn't buy a new couch. rotflmao

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 05:20:33 AM »

Layne is does sound like it's going to work!

Your worries are normal worries that can't be seen until you pick him up and bring him home.  There's going to be adjustments but your a dog savvy person and i think will know how to handle it if/when they do come up.

I am excited for you!!

banana wave

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 10:13:59 AM »

Okay, I am off to Waxahachie.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
JCook2665
Dog Addict!

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

Good Luck Layne and Kiva!!!  big hug

Dogs are everyones bestfriend!:)
5dogs
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »

Having two terriers in a pissing match inside frightens me. scared  I'm glad I didn't buy a new couch. rotflmao

That put a funny picture in my head! hahah!
But, I second what Jan said!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 10:32:36 AM »

Good luck!!
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 10:36:11 AM »

Happy Yell

I do hope the visit goes well.

Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Carole
Dog Addict!

Sergeant Sunny a.k.a "Sarge"

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 12:23:40 PM »

driving in a tornado with a tornado in my truck does not sound appealing. eeek rotfl

Having two terriers in a pissing match inside frightens me. scared  I'm glad I didn't buy a new couch. rotflmao

Those two lines made me laugh!  rotflmao

You know what Layne??? In all honestly your worries are normal, but try not to worry about it until it happens! You just NEVER know! You could take this little beasty home and everything will be fantastic from the get-go with both of them!

We are here to help if you need it. 

My prediction is that Kiva will be far more dominant then this young male. Kansas may or may not try to over-dominate Kiva, but if he tries he will most likely lose fairly quickly so whatever "pissing matches" (lol) that would begin, would end soon.

Just keep us updated in detail and we will work this out together! It can and WILL work, but it's up to you and how much energy you want to put into it. I think you are experienced enough and have enough dog knowledge on behaviours and such that you can work through any problems. And if something comes up that you are unsure of...just gimme a shout!

I really hope this works out! I am just as excited for you as I am for myself! Happy Yell

We are both getting new furbabies this week!!!!! Yeah!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:25:16 PM by Carole » Logged

Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nose
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 01:24:01 PM »

I am back from Waxahachie. I didn't get Kansas. He was being adopted to a lady when I came through their door. crying Sad wimpering The agreement I had with the head of placement/shelter director was that they would bring Kansas to the office before they opened so I would be first for adopting him. The shelter worker thought the lady was me. The lady wanted Kansas because he was cute. She knows nothing about the breed and from her discussion with the shelter worker knows nothing about dogs in general. The shelter worker told her "to punish him consistently" every time he did something she didn't like. wimpering

As the shelter worker informed me after I demanded to speak with the director, the policy is the first person to come in the door for a dog gets the dog. Although the only reason the door was open was for me to be first.

Kansas would have been the perfect dog for me and Kiva. He is good natured, submissive, loves people..........I will win the lottery before I find a Cairn so well suited for us. He was beautiful too....a brindle.

Too say I am heartbroken and extremely bitter is a gross understatement. I have to go to work.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »

oh Layne... I'm so sorry.
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »

crap, I'm so sorry Layne  group hug

pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »

I'm so sorry. That really stinks.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »

I'm so sorry. That totally sucks.

Carole
Dog Addict!

Sergeant Sunny a.k.a "Sarge"

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »

This really bites Layne. I really thought you were gonna get this guy. group hug

Their policies are BS and need to change. I feel your pain....I'm so angry this happened this way. vent

Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nose
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:30 PM »

Oh no. Will the person that worked with you first stay in touch, in case he comes back?

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »

I'm so sorry, Layne!   group hug pulling hair

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster