July 25, 2014, 10:06:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guinea Pig talk...and other animals....  (Read 1919 times)
Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« on: April 18, 2007, 01:17:59 AM »

We already have horse talk which helps.  I have not been on the horse forum I was on for ages.  I am always on this one.  This forum has become my main one, and one and only.
I started on a guinea pig forum and I know a few of us came over from that site.  I no longer go there for personal reasons with the site.
JennG and I talked about it before coming up with piggie talk, cavy talk, guinea pig talk....
That would help my guinea pig fix too.  Which those of us who have piggies who are on this site and came from that one are pro rescue for guinea pigs too.  We like to post pigtures of our piggies to share and I would love to do it on this site in a guinea pig catergory.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 01:19:30 AM by Angel-Dancer » Logged

Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:14:37 AM »

I never posted over at the piggy forum (just lurked lol), but I have two piggies I adopted last year.  They were dropped off at a box at the SPCA and a local piggy rescue grabbed them up - unfortunately the SPCA didn't think to keep the males and females separated... no no  So one of my poor kiddos (Julie) had babies when she was still a baby.  She is still extremely skittish, she seems to like my husband more than me Roll Eyes  She is lavendar and white.  My other pig is Joy (choc and white) and she is a bit more friendly (especially if there's food in the offering joke )  We built them a 5x2 c&c cage.  I found my camera charger (FINALLY!!!) so I hope I can post pictures (pigtures?) later. Grin
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »

Oh how cool.  I would love to see pics. and pigtures.
I need to get more pics, pigtures of my cage.  and my pigs.  I do not have any recent ones.  I just re did my cage AGAIN last week.  It is one level, that is so much easier for me to take care of than two.  I also made it open rather than closed.  I only closed the two ends for hidey space and eating space.  I really like it now. 
I am on work computer now, I will have to dig up my other pics from the other computer of the piggies.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 11:34:40 PM »

Ok, we'll work on this board too.  phew

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:49:53 AM »

Cool Thanks..Maybe JennG, Mary and me can all moderate it! Grin

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:55:30 AM »

We'll see...   wink2

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 01:12:05 AM »

We'll see...   wink2
LOL  Grin
Well, I will only hold my breath for the board. funny dance Look I am turning blue...Just kidding. Grin

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 01:16:15 AM »

would have worked better to use this one  wimpering   rotflmao

really we will take this up for discussion.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »

Thank you Terri,
you are wonderful.  Grin  Well today anyway. wink2

Mr. Chips and Annie's Mom (Judy)
Barks a Lot!

Chips and Annie

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »

Hi, I have known JennG for a long time now and I am sure through the same forum you are speaking of. If so, you may know CCC from there. She has her own forum and has had it for a long time. I am one of her mods. Check us out if you want to.

http://cavycareforum.proboards98.com/index.cgi? Laura puts hours each week into her forum. It is pro rescue/no breeding but we are nice folks!! Ha Ha All but 3 of mine are rescues.

This was my this year's Happy Easter pigture:

"Home those in need before you breed" www.chincare.com

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress will be judged by the way its animals are treated." Ghandi
Lindsay- Bernie's Mom
Dog Addict!

Has a zoo.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 05:34:04 PM »

Wow! What a great picture! How on earth did you get them all to sit still AND look at the camera?
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 11:15:21 PM »

Judy, you have 2 skinnies too.  That is great you got the to stay so still.  Did you traumatize them?  What was your user name on the other forum.
I just visited over there, is marsha, marsha weaver?  She came over here too, but is not too active.  I also brought over Percy's Mom, one of the Mods from CC.  who I keep in touch with thru AIM.  She was a little active on here as Libby.  Have not heard from her for awhile.  I miss some of the people from there like Sari aka fairysari.  She came over here once or twice cuz she wants a dog so bad, but her BF says no.  I will check out the other site.  I bet a lot of CC people moved there.  CC got too many trolls and young ones who just wanted to start a controversial topics.
This forum is my favorite with a lot of cool people. Grin

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 11:31:16 PM »

This forum is my favorite with a lot of cool people.

And that is not a paid endorsement.  3 circles

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 11:52:13 PM »

This forum is my favorite with a lot of cool people.

And that is not a paid endorsement.  3 circles
Nope sure not, but I could give you my address where you can send the check... Grin  Just kidding.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »

hahaha.. line up behind the mods for your paychecks.  Grin

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:30 PM »

Maybe I will line up the mods so they can get their paychecks and I will get in front of the line for my check.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 12:00:38 AM »

You know you can tempt Jan with cake.. that will get her out of line.  rotflmao

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 12:05:52 AM »

If I do not eat the cake first.
I will have to do one I do not like, like german chocolate or anything with coconut.

Mr. Chips and Annie's Mom (Judy)
Barks a Lot!

Chips and Annie

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »

Marsha, Fairysari, Jarbax, and I are on Laura's group. Oh also 4blwhabbys is there (cutiecavies). I am judy's pigpen.

I didn't have to torment the pigs to get that pigture. They are a riot. I just puff them about like a bed pillow and they stay put. I took 7 shots.

"Home those in need before you breed" www.chincare.com

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress will be judged by the way its animals are treated." Ghandi
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »

Marsha, Fairysari, Jarbax, and I are on Laura's group. Oh also 4blwhabbys is there (cutiecavies). I am judy's pigpen.

I didn't have to torment the pigs to get that pigture. They are a riot. I just puff them about like a bed pillow and they stay put. I took 7 shots.

Oh how cool, I will check it all out again. 
LOL, that is funny you fluffed your piggies like pillows and they all stayed there.

ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 08:39:34 PM »

How did I miss this discussion???  Judy, your piggies are so cute and I could NEVER get my five to stay put like that.  I did do a video of how loud they can get when it's dinner time but I'm having trouble uploading it.  I'll keep trying.  Those of you that don't have piggies would be amazed at just how loud they can get when it's dinnertime. 

DA is my main source of entertainment as well.  I liked Laura's piggie site but now that we have this section on DA, I may never leave.  Bawhahahahaha!!  Tormenting Jan is so easy!!!  AND fun!  Plus you all are so much more laid back here.  And I know alot about the piggies but not so much about the doggies!  So much to learn.

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »

Yes, piggies are very loud.  They are funny.  Mine get wheek really loud everytime they hear my voice if I have not fed them veges yet.  Once I feed them they chill out.  They are funny.
I find our Abbysinians (SP?) are the loudest.
My two youngest ones were so skiddish at first.  Now all the piggies are so easy to handle.  The boys and I both carry them around and play with them.
Life is good!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster