February 28, 2020, 12:30:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~*Rally-O*~  (Read 1120 times)
EnchantedGypsy
puppy

« on: April 16, 2007, 03:38:09 AM »

Anyone here participate in Rally Obedience with their dogs? I went to a Rally-O seminar last Spring and taught my first class last Fall. I'm going back to the seminar next weekend for a refresher on the advanced signs, then will be teaching an advanced class this Summer. Rally is definitely something my future pup & I will be persuing.

~*~*And he says 'Rhiannon don't go.... Rhiannon stay'.... And he still cries out for her.... 'Don't leave me.... don't leave me now'....*~*~
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

No, I haven't participated but it sounds like the pups would enjoy it.

Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »

I tried w/ Tsuki.  Apparently your dogs has to listen everytime ..... kinda difficult w/ shibas.   Roll Eyes But I did enjoy it very much.  I hope to attend trials next year.
myspoileddogs
Howls at the Moon!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »

I have been contemplating starting rally with my border collie mix...It looks like fun but some obedience things can be so boring to me!!! LOL 

I havent't decided if we will do it or not..She has a bad hip and I don't like to force her to stay sitting if she doesn't want to! I usually allow her to down or sit when I tell her to sit because I figure it's not fair to make her do all the sitting......seems like a lot of things include sitting....

Plus she's not an AKC dog and I don't want to ILP her because I really despise the AKC....I hear USDAA and ASCA may be starting to hold rally trials so it could still be an option for her...

I am trying to do some freestyle work with her at home...There's a class an hour north of here but I can't make it in time with my work schedule right now....should be fun if I can get her going on that at least.....
Mick's Mom
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:03:42 PM »

Caleb & I are attending practice sessions run by a trainer I've known for years.  Caleb is really enjoying it.  It's great for an ADD 11 month old pup that is happiest when he's moving.  The funniest thing is, just about all of the excercises are things I've done for years to keep things interesting when I was training Mick just .  Now, tho, I have to put a little polish on them (as well as change some of my traditional obedience behaviors!). 

I am fortunate enough to live, walk and breathe among the bravest of heroes!
I am a Proud US Air Force Mom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster