February 28, 2020, 01:02:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LT on Sheep  (Read 1489 times)
Malnmutt
Staff Writer

Cash, LT and Soda too!

« on: April 11, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »

I'm still so cranked up from this!

My friend from work has been taking her dog to herding for about a month and was telling me about it and I was like "what the hey... it sounds like fun! I'll see if LT likes it and if she does it will be her activity" I never thought LT would enjoy agility or obedience b/c she's not a real people pleaser. I figured she would enjoy something more ...instinctual.

So, I go with my coworker and her dog and we're pretty far down on the list. So we wait... and wait... and wait! LT has ZEREO interest in the sheep/other dogs. She'll look at them occassionaly but mostly is like "eh."

I'm thinking "grreeeeaaattt, what a waste of money" but it's our turn. And I let LT off leash and she goes and sniffs around... and pees.. and poops.. then the sheep start moving.

And something blinked in her.

She became a herding maniac! She was sooo into it and totally chasing them and trying to put them all together. I was out with the guy and he said she really had it in her.

The whole time after that she was barking and whining and trying to get the sheep...

On our second time out he gave me a crook too (because he said she did so well the first time) and let me help start teaching her to control herself. I was sooo freaking clumsy. He said that LT did quite well and was learning a lot. I saw her start to obey the crook and start to control herself. She was sooo tired and laid down in the shade. She was timing out.

You guys, I am sooo pumped. I can't wait to figure how to go more often. I'm going to have to do some work finagling. I am so proud of my little girl. She kicked ass.

Paige

(and Soda too!)
If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanna change the world? There's nothing to it. There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there you'll be free if you truly wish to be.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »

That's awesome! It's so cool when a dog's instincts kick in.
Next time.. you have to bring your camera!
Malnmutt
Staff Writer

Cash, LT and Soda too!

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »

Cheesy I beat you to it. Here are some videos! Cheesy

I'm in the white shirt looking confused and crazy and the trainer's apprentice was in the dark shirt and jeans and LT is the black do running around. The trainer guy looked like some punk kid you'd see at the mall but was so good with the dogs and pretty good at handling them.

(and Soda too!)
If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanna change the world? There's nothing to it. There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there you'll be free if you truly wish to be.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

clapping LT!! You rock!
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »

Wow, she was having a great time out there.  I have no idea where we could find Jasmine some sheep!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »

That was soooo cool !!!   Way to go LT clapping clapping HI5
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 06:42:23 AM »

Happy Yell  That's so awesome!  I'm so excited for LT and for you!!

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »

Paige, that's awesome!!!!  WTG LT!!!   HI5

Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »

clapping clapping that is so awsome!!!  Isnt it great when our non-people-pleasing pup does something they are suppose to?  I bet you are proud!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster