October 19, 2019, 08:32:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baron Mauser Parker..  (Read 9289 times)
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »

group hug Doc
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »

rubhead hug It's awesome your love for him is still so strong over these years.  group hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »

Rip Dear Baron...

You are one loved dog.

angel

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »

crying Whew...the pain of loss is still all too fresh.  Two months today for Rosc.  Brought Raven back to the house with me.  The first thing she did was run to his grave.  I guess it's gonna hurt a long, long, time.  You got a lot of love, Doc.  A lot of love.  Happy Easter to you too.

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »

group hug

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Spanielfinatic
Dog Addict!

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »

huugg

Chocolate is the answer, no matter what your question is Smiley
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »

group hug Doc, and Happy Easter to you too and everyone on DA.
Thank Mauser for each day he was in your life and each day he is in your heart.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »

Today was Mauser's birthday. a lot has changed around here since he came into our lives.  Mostly for the good
I recon.   maybe not all..  I am still learning every day that these little ones are precious.  Even to us old
farts.I believe that today he would be 17.  I know that 17 is a bit unreasonable for a Rottie but who knows?
  That is one of the pet peeves I got with a relationship like that.  Their life expectancy is so damn short..
We have gotten more ''dog friendly'' and Old folks Friendly around here in the last year or so. I finally got
a ramp built for our furball's arthritic bones [and ours] .. We finished the front porch fence so we could spend time together on the front porch like we used to.  about a grand or so out of pocket and I did the labor.  No gripes,
worth every bit of it.I don't think my family will be hurt and most of all I won't be put in the position to hurt
anybody's pet to protect ours.
    That old grouch Mauser made a lasting impression on me sure enough.  Thanx Buddy.  maybe he got me shoved
down the right track after almost a lifetime of indifference.  June 22 , his birthday is a day I celebrate as
any other family member. and I owe him so much more..   big hug   Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »

group hug Doc.
So many of us remember the day they left us, not celebrate the day they found us. Mauser left a good legacy for you.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »

Doc, Old Mauser is gone in body but his energy, influence, and life are still impacting his loved ones and so many others. Think of his life like a rock hitting the water. The rippling effect goes out getting ever wider and touching the world in a greater circle. He touched you and Dwarf and you are reaching out, touching, educating, and helping those around you. It's awesome you remember his birthday.   group hug

Happy Birthday, Mauser.  angel

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

You are still very much loved Baron Mauser Parker.   angel

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »

group hug

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »

group hug

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

group hug

Ain't it the truth!!!!!!!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 01:48:25 AM »

Oh Doc.  Mauser's life was a huge blessing in your life.  He is celebrating his b-day at the bridge everyday. 
 group hug  group hug  group hug
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »

Doc,

Your description of how Mauser changed some of your views made me think of this clip. The Journey : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXGD4hP1Ro

Even though it is primarily about agility dogs, the commentary applies to all who have been touched by the love of dogs.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 04:46:42 PM »

I really liked that clip.  Thanx, Doc.. big hug

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »

It might strike some folks as being ''strange'' but I want to speak of the memorial that we had for our son
John William Leonard Jr. yesterday.  I am sure that Old Mauser will not mind sharing his thread here on this
forum.  If Dwarf goes before me , she will also be posted on the Rainbow Bridge column also.
  Old Mauser is the one who pulled my head outta my butt for me.  He will always be remembered around here.
I did not post anything on here on his birthday , the 22nd of june, because what with our son's death iminent
at the time, some things just had to be put on hold.
  I think that the bridge is the place where alla my family will meet up when the time is right.
I just wish that people could be as noble and faithful as Mauser was.
   We waited about 2 weeks to hold john's memorial to allow plenty of time for folks to make arrangements to be here.. Counting the preacher.. 8..   My beloved grand daughter, The drama queen, showed up as everyone was leaving.  Surprising.. this was a PRIME oportunity for her to garner a bunch o' symphathy.  She has been
raisin hell for a massive, full funeral  thingie.  and to get together regularly to mourn his passing.
  Odd.. she never bothered to visit him in the 42 years he has been hospitalized.  I told her that I had him
creamated .  She hit the ceiling .  I been paying the funeral home payments  just FOR this for a LONG time.
Dwarf made her decisions and I carried them out.   I told the family that the ONLY people that had ANYTHING
to say about it were the people that visited him..  Me and Mama..  42 years worth. 3 sisters .  not ONCE..
 kinda narrowed the field a bit.
   I told granddaughter that we made the plans and paid for it.  I told her that we were willing to wait until
a marble mauselum was built.. whatever SHE could afford.  all of a sudden she lost a lot of steam..
I don't feel a bit strange for posting about John here where my friends will see it and maybe understand..
Doc.. big hug

Friedrich Nietzsche

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »

Doc...I did not realize that you lost a child also.  My heart goes out to you and Dwarf.  It is not the way things should  be.  We should die before our children but as we know...we can't always control that.

I do know what you're going through and If there's anything i can do let me know.  There are no words to make this go away or make the pain not hurt as much.   I can only say that I do know what you're going through and if you ever need to talk....I'm here to listen.

I also think of the bridge and how i want to meet up there with everyone.  My daughter Shannon was also a huge animal lover.  I like to think that she's up there taking care of all the pets that have gone before us.

big hug

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »

group hug Doc to you and Dwarf.

Thanks for sharing the picture of John with us.. he does look like Dwarf.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »

Big  big hug group hug big hug to you and Dwarf.  I am sure old Mauser is watching over your son now.  They are both able to move about freely and feel loving peace from yours and Dwarf's love.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Nancy Adams
Dog Addict!

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:16 AM »

Doc, I haven't been on here in a LONG time, but I had an email notification and saw it was from one of your posts.  I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your John.  It sounds like you did just the right thing for him, and for you and Dwarf.  You're the ones that have been there for him, and it is only right that you made decisions about his final arrangements.  Family can be tough, but your dogaddict friends can be like family too. My thoughts and prayers are with you both now.  May there be peace and comfort for you both.  Hugs to you and Dwarf...
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »

I am really embarrased to think that I passed over My buddy's ''retirement'' day this year.  5 April .The only excuse I got is his great, great, grandson's  diagnosis  with the same desease that brought the Old Man down.
  Little mauser will join him soon enough I guess.  Cancer sux..  Bout as much as I can say about it.
Not to be morbid but Dwarf and I , as well as the rest of our family will join him  and the rest of our fur family
in the not too distant future.  Plenty soon enough ..  We can wait.  No hurry.
   We will have plenty of company.  Mauser, Little Buddy, Shadow, and The Dobber Dawg.. Then will be Lil' Mauser
and Daddy's little girl, Kaya.  Maybe we will ALL be able to roll around inna grass near the bridge.
Thanx folks for being there..  Doc Stan And Dwarf.. blushthanks

Friedrich Nietzsche

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »

Always, Doc group hug

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster