October 19, 2019, 08:35:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baron Mauser Parker..  (Read 9290 times)
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« on: April 04, 2007, 09:14:28 PM »

That was his name on his papers..   My furbrother Mauser.  Tommorrow he will be gone six years.  He is the one that taught me
that dogs were MORE than possessions.  He showed me that they are as individual as people. Lymphomic Cancer .   Two weeks
after he was diagnosed was all it took.  His throat swelled up so bad that he could only breathe upright.  if he laid on his side he choked.

I remember what Dr. James said right after he pushed the plunger down. ''  Now I gotta hang around and make sure his heart quits beating''
That was the closest that I have ever come to hitting someone and NOT doing it..   I really got bent out of shape over that.    Later, after
I had time to think about it I realized that he had to harden himself a long time ago to be able to do this.  I have no complaints about his/their
service to my animals. It is just that he had the bedside manner of a turd..  It probably did not cross his mind that I felt about Mauser like I did.
  My appearance and reputation does not even HINT that I could get attatched to a person, much less an animal.    I FELT his heart quit
beating.
     I used to lay on the floor watching a little tube and tell him '' I sure could use a pillow !!''  and he would come over, lie down and slide under
my head and we would nap together.  I spent a lot of hours listening to that old heart beat.  I know that the doctor had no way of knowing
that.   I know that I did what I had to do . I believe that Mauser knew it also.   I can live with it.   

Every now and then I can see him in the edge of my vision and of course when I turn my head he is gone.  I know that it is just my
imagination. I am sure of this.    There WILL come a time when he will STILL be there . and that , I am sure , will be my  time to
leave. and it will be in good company.   

There HAS to be a place like the rainbow bridge.  Or maybe by another name. Or no name at all.    But the whole idea of religion
as I understand it is to be happy forever.  Whether it is heaven  or Nervana  or Happy Hunting Ground  or the seventh level of something
the basic Idea is the same. and if  the presence of and old friend is required to make U happy,  He will be there.  And Shadowhawk
and little Buddy.       ......  And Dwarf..   

It will last forever. so there is no hurry..      Doc Stan peace
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:33:03 PM by Doc Stan » Logged

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:19:01 PM »

group hug  Beautiful, Doc.   crying

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 09:20:44 PM »

wimpering  group hug
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:55:08 PM »

crying thanks doc, you have me in tears now. 
I am glad you had Mauser in your life to teach you about how special dogs are and what great companions they are.
I believe in Rainbow Bridge and know our dogs who have past are their for us.  I bet your Mauser is with you more than you know.  Love can do strange things in the universe. Heart
 group hug group hug
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 04:29:12 AM »

It's so hard reading what you've written.  I can feel the love you have for him still. 

It will be 6 yrs in july that my heart dog Ginger also went to rainbow bridge from cancer.  I miss her still.

Hopefully her and Baron and running and playing at Rainbow bridge.  I too believe there has to be something like that. 

group hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 05:30:57 AM »

Thanx Folks and have a happy Easter..    Doc.. blushthanks waving

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 08:23:35 AM »

wimpering  Aw, Doc - you have me all choked up over here.   group hug

Happy Easter to you, too. 

Jen
Dog Addict!

my girls

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »

crying group hug

My little dog... a heartbeat at my feet. - Edith Wharton
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 02:22:46 PM »

group hug  Yeap, someday he will still be there.  I know I heard Honey's tags jingle, a few times, after she was gone.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »

Every now and then I can see him in the edge of my vision and of course when I turn my head he is gone.  

My dog is in my rearview mirror. Eight years in November. I don't often see his face there, but the back of his head, the cock of an ear, and the tilt, as he studies a passerby.....and then he pivots to make sure I'm still behind him.......

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 09:12:28 PM »

crying  RIP Baron Mauser Parker

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
Mikey
Forever exploring...
Dog Addict!

Country Fan

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 08:07:28 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss. group hug

RIP Sassy: Dec. 26th 1997-June 13, 2008
Forever loved
Mikey-5 year old pug/beagle mix
Eightdogs4me
Dog Addict!

My two outlaws

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 08:25:19 PM »

Awww, Doc, I'm just now seeing this. What a great tribute to Mauser, sure brought a tear to my eye and chills down my spine.  Boss's one year anniversary is coming up soon...April 18th, actually.  I know we will see them again, I just know it.

banana wave Emily and the Gang! banana wave
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »

Thanx and I am sure that Boss will be waiting to see U when U get there.  whether now or centuries from now.. In Things like
these I believe that time means very little or nothing.
   Right now, Dwarf is feeding them supper . She feeds them a bowl of wet dog food that we prepare at home for them.   She
feeds them by spoon and they sit there like little crows in line. waiting their turn.   We fix it here for them after the dog food scare.
The reason for spoon feeding them is to make sure everybody gets the proper medicine. She places it on the top and shoves it in at
the right time.  All have medical problems of one sort or another.  The one with the least is daddy's little girl Kaya , the  girl we got
from rescue.  I think that it is because she is a Rottie mix.  She sleeps at the foot of the bed at my feet. nothing moves or makes a sound
that she don't check out.   Chopper's real name on paper is Justin Tyme Parker.. Dwarf started calling him Chopper and it stuck.
  He came from a ''reputable Breeder''  so much for reputable..   he was supposed to be suffering from allergies  to cause his eyes
to look so bad.   Entropian.. both eyes.. upper and lower.   The vet said that it was bad enough that he had to be operated on
or he would go blind or even die from infections.  Well he ain't blind or dead.. When I brought him home from the vet in that e-collar his eyes
looked so bad that Dwarf went all to pieces.  But I could tell that he was in a LOT less pain even as bad as it looked.  Then it was a tumor on his left lower leg that I had taken off.  Benign..  Just like Old Mauser's was .  a couple years before Cancer took him.  I could have taken Chopper back and traded him for a different pup.  But how do U  trade one of your children ?
   Then there is my little birthday present to myself.  Little Mauser.  AKC registered  Mauser Maxim Von Parker.   My 85 pound 300pound
wannabe.  A friend's house burnt down and the only building that did not burn was the shed that housed his litter of PUREBRED rottie
litter.  This little fellow checked out to have a heart murmer.  The vets wanted to euthanize him .  I bought him.  Dwarf and I just
wanted to keep him happy until it was his time to go.   The fellow needed the money and I needed a b-day present.  Dwarf kept
doctoring on him and watching the little monster and working her majic on him.  He has outgrown the murmer it seems . Now
when we take him to the vet it is not heard or so slight as to be about gone.
   I have been diagnosed with a bad heart  a little while back and maybe Dwarf can work her majic on me too.

I like to entertain folks when I can with my stories and lies.   I try to find a little humor in the things and experiences that I run
into in every day life.   Sometimes I am real hard put to find any .  So there is a serious  or even pissed off side to me also. 
  In other words, Human..   We all have the feeling deep down that we are gonna be around forever.  But Old Mauser really changed
my way of felling about animals. Dogs in particular. They live and die just like us. They live with love, fears , hate, I guess and more loyalty
than I can believe.  He was a damn grouch from the word go. He bit the blood out of me several times.  ALL my fault.
I trained him hard .  he tried me hard . I almost shot him several times   He became my fur brother.   sometime Dwarf would tell to ''OUTSIDE''
and he would just ignore her. She was leery enough to leave him alone and wait for me to get home.   But when there was someone
around that he did not know he stayed between her and them. Just as it should be.
   Him and Shadow changed my way of thinking .  Now I don't even hunt anymore.   

Forgive me for going on like this but a lot of folks have a ''dawg'' and think of them like I did .  A damn animal.   but when U grow up
and get your head out of your butt it has to dawn on U that he or she is the best friend that U can have.

Doc Stan.. peace huh?

Friedrich Nietzsche

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 11:33:50 PM »

Well said, Doc.
Mechele
Inactive Member

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 03:44:31 AM »

Awwwwwwwwwwww Doc  group hug

My Hailey & my Timber are still there I can feel em'
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:46:29 AM by Mechele » Logged

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,
kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that made you smile.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 04:32:49 AM »

Doc~

It's called having a heart~ you found yours in Baron.

group hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »

Yesterday was another year that Mauser has been gone. April 5. That makes 7 years. I still miss the
grouchy old fart . The pain of remembering him ain't as sharp as it was but I am sure it will never get
easy.
  We have been through a lot since his passing.  Old Shadow ,his brother, has gone on to join him and
we got Chopper to take over for Mauser  and we got Little Mauser as a birthday present for me.
  Kaya[daddy's little girl] came by way of rescue. She has found her forever home here after being a
royal pain in the arse.    Finally..     
   AND we do a few transports for rescue from time to time.  Mauser taught me a lot.
I guess an old dog CAN teach an old fart new tricks..       Doc.. wink2

Friedrich Nietzsche

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »

group hug

RIP Mauser
louiseb
Dog Addict!

Sweet Sable RIP

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »

I am so sorry.  group hug  He sounds like a very special dog.

phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 01:59:23 PM »

Still a beautiful tribute to a very special Boy!!!! group hug

RIP Mauser you will always be loved and remembered til you meet again!!!! angel

Run free at the Bridge with no pain or fears woof
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »

Doc, I miss my heart dog everyday and she passed about 7 or 8 yrs ago.  I cannot even remember anymore.
I know that everyday I still miss her with all my heart. 
I am glad Mauser was in your life to open your heart.  Now your heart is open to so much more and has helped so many more lives.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 08:02:46 AM »

group hug  So sorry Doc!

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »

Eight years today.. Hard to believe that it has been that long already. I still remember and call his name on
his birthday and his ''passing'' day .
   I never had him ''fixed'' so he is probably keeping busy until Dwarf and I show up..  There ain't a day goes by
that he don't come up in one of our conversations.  It is probably unfair but he is what we use as a ''benchmark''
to measure other Rotties by.    Bigger than Mauser was.... Not as smart as Mauser was..Better disposition  than
Mauser's..  and so on.  We Miss the old bastard something awful still.  I, in particular , still mourn his passing.
   BUTT !! These other monsters keep me so agrivated and busy that I can't dwell on it for long at a time.

U people have a good sunday and a Happy Easter. Remember what it represents..  Doc.. woof

Friedrich Nietzsche

Nancy Adams
Dog Addict!

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »

Well, Gunnar was a big dog too, about 125 at his leanest, so the two of them can be buddies.  Gunnar was neutered tho, so Mauser will be boss dog!  angel
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »

group hug Doc
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »

rubhead hug It's awesome your love for him is still so strong over these years.  group hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »

Rip Dear Baron...

You are one loved dog.

angel

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »

crying Whew...the pain of loss is still all too fresh.  Two months today for Rosc.  Brought Raven back to the house with me.  The first thing she did was run to his grave.  I guess it's gonna hurt a long, long, time.  You got a lot of love, Doc.  A lot of love.  Happy Easter to you too.

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »

group hug

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Spanielfinatic
Dog Addict!

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »

huugg

Chocolate is the answer, no matter what your question is Smiley
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »

group hug Doc, and Happy Easter to you too and everyone on DA.
Thank Mauser for each day he was in your life and each day he is in your heart.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »

Today was Mauser's birthday. a lot has changed around here since he came into our lives.  Mostly for the good
I recon.   maybe not all..  I am still learning every day that these little ones are precious.  Even to us old
farts.I believe that today he would be 17.  I know that 17 is a bit unreasonable for a Rottie but who knows?
  That is one of the pet peeves I got with a relationship like that.  Their life expectancy is so damn short..
We have gotten more ''dog friendly'' and Old folks Friendly around here in the last year or so. I finally got
a ramp built for our furball's arthritic bones [and ours] .. We finished the front porch fence so we could spend time together on the front porch like we used to.  about a grand or so out of pocket and I did the labor.  No gripes,
worth every bit of it.I don't think my family will be hurt and most of all I won't be put in the position to hurt
anybody's pet to protect ours.
    That old grouch Mauser made a lasting impression on me sure enough.  Thanx Buddy.  maybe he got me shoved
down the right track after almost a lifetime of indifference.  June 22 , his birthday is a day I celebrate as
any other family member. and I owe him so much more..   big hug   Doc..

Friedrich Nietzsche

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »

group hug Doc.
So many of us remember the day they left us, not celebrate the day they found us. Mauser left a good legacy for you.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »

Doc, Old Mauser is gone in body but his energy, influence, and life are still impacting his loved ones and so many others. Think of his life like a rock hitting the water. The rippling effect goes out getting ever wider and touching the world in a greater circle. He touched you and Dwarf and you are reaching out, touching, educating, and helping those around you. It's awesome you remember his birthday.   group hug

Happy Birthday, Mauser.  angel

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

You are still very much loved Baron Mauser Parker.   angel

LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »

group hug

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »

group hug

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

group hug

Ain't it the truth!!!!!!!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 01:48:25 AM »

Oh Doc.  Mauser's life was a huge blessing in your life.  He is celebrating his b-day at the bridge everyday. 
 group hug  group hug  group hug
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »

Doc,

Your description of how Mauser changed some of your views made me think of this clip. The Journey : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXGD4hP1Ro

Even though it is primarily about agility dogs, the commentary applies to all who have been touched by the love of dogs.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 04:46:42 PM »

I really liked that clip.  Thanx, Doc.. big hug

Friedrich Nietzsche

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »

It might strike some folks as being ''strange'' but I want to speak of the memorial that we had for our son
John William Leonard Jr. yesterday.  I am sure that Old Mauser will not mind sharing his thread here on this
forum.  If Dwarf goes before me , she will also be posted on the Rainbow Bridge column also.
  Old Mauser is the one who pulled my head outta my butt for me.  He will always be remembered around here.
I did not post anything on here on his birthday , the 22nd of june, because what with our son's death iminent
at the time, some things just had to be put on hold.
  I think that the bridge is the place where alla my family will meet up when the time is right.
I just wish that people could be as noble and faithful as Mauser was.
   We waited about 2 weeks to hold john's memorial to allow plenty of time for folks to make arrangements to be here.. Counting the preacher.. 8..   My beloved grand daughter, The drama queen, showed up as everyone was leaving.  Surprising.. this was a PRIME oportunity for her to garner a bunch o' symphathy.  She has been
raisin hell for a massive, full funeral  thingie.  and to get together regularly to mourn his passing.
  Odd.. she never bothered to visit him in the 42 years he has been hospitalized.  I told her that I had him
creamated .  She hit the ceiling .  I been paying the funeral home payments  just FOR this for a LONG time.
Dwarf made her decisions and I carried them out.   I told the family that the ONLY people that had ANYTHING
to say about it were the people that visited him..  Me and Mama..  42 years worth. 3 sisters .  not ONCE..
 kinda narrowed the field a bit.
   I told granddaughter that we made the plans and paid for it.  I told her that we were willing to wait until
a marble mauselum was built.. whatever SHE could afford.  all of a sudden she lost a lot of steam..
I don't feel a bit strange for posting about John here where my friends will see it and maybe understand..
Doc.. big hug

Friedrich Nietzsche

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »

Doc...I did not realize that you lost a child also.  My heart goes out to you and Dwarf.  It is not the way things should  be.  We should die before our children but as we know...we can't always control that.

I do know what you're going through and If there's anything i can do let me know.  There are no words to make this go away or make the pain not hurt as much.   I can only say that I do know what you're going through and if you ever need to talk....I'm here to listen.

I also think of the bridge and how i want to meet up there with everyone.  My daughter Shannon was also a huge animal lover.  I like to think that she's up there taking care of all the pets that have gone before us.

big hug

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »

group hug Doc to you and Dwarf.

Thanks for sharing the picture of John with us.. he does look like Dwarf.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »

Big  big hug group hug big hug to you and Dwarf.  I am sure old Mauser is watching over your son now.  They are both able to move about freely and feel loving peace from yours and Dwarf's love.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Nancy Adams
Dog Addict!

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:16 AM »

Doc, I haven't been on here in a LONG time, but I had an email notification and saw it was from one of your posts.  I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your John.  It sounds like you did just the right thing for him, and for you and Dwarf.  You're the ones that have been there for him, and it is only right that you made decisions about his final arrangements.  Family can be tough, but your dogaddict friends can be like family too. My thoughts and prayers are with you both now.  May there be peace and comfort for you both.  Hugs to you and Dwarf...
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »

I am really embarrased to think that I passed over My buddy's ''retirement'' day this year.  5 April .The only excuse I got is his great, great, grandson's  diagnosis  with the same desease that brought the Old Man down.
  Little mauser will join him soon enough I guess.  Cancer sux..  Bout as much as I can say about it.
Not to be morbid but Dwarf and I , as well as the rest of our family will join him  and the rest of our fur family
in the not too distant future.  Plenty soon enough ..  We can wait.  No hurry.
   We will have plenty of company.  Mauser, Little Buddy, Shadow, and The Dobber Dawg.. Then will be Lil' Mauser
and Daddy's little girl, Kaya.  Maybe we will ALL be able to roll around inna grass near the bridge.
Thanx folks for being there..  Doc Stan And Dwarf.. blushthanks

Friedrich Nietzsche

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »

Always, Doc group hug

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

group hug
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:28 AM »

Today Old Mauser would have been19 years old. Wouldn't it be nice if our furfamily members lived that long?
  Little Mauser will be joining hime in the near future. There ain't much change in him yet except he is losing weight slowly.  He still folows daddy's little girl around and uses her rear end for ''aroma therapy''.
   Our ''Bridge Crew'' just keeps gettin bigger.  The old man was such a grouch that I wonder if they will get along when they meet up.
  Old Mausr
 Shadowhawk
 Dobber dawg
 Lil Buddy
        Nite Folks..   Doc. big hug

Friedrich Nietzsche

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 01:24:39 AM »

Doc, you scared me, I thought it was little Mauser at first. 
The bridge does get bigger with all our animals because we have all the hearts to give them a happy life to get there. 
I think they will get along there, Old Mauser will just have to let lil Mauser know who's boss, than introduce him to everyone else there and show him the ropes.
 group hug group hug group hug
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »

group hug
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »

I'm sure they will enjoy meeting up at the Bridge when the time comes and watching out for you and Dwarf. Nineteen years would be a blessing indeed.  group hug

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »

Been a while since april 5 2001...     5 sent to the bridge since..  He has a pretty good crowd  to watch after by now..  Old Mauser, buddy, Shadow, Dobber Dawg, Kaya, daddy's little goil and the little Monster, AND GROUCH,
little Mauser Maxim Vom Parker.  He finished out the first row in the garden  He was the only one to leave naturally at home.   He died HARD..  If I had known how close he was I would have saved him the pain and  agony ..  I would have done it myself if I had to .   It would have been better on him and a hell of a lot quicker.
  Mr Macho till the end.   He was the great grandson of Baron Mauser.
Mauser senior is the one who pulled my head outta my ass.  Jump started my heart..  The rest owe it to him.
   Dwarf  is a bit better now.  We talk of our bunch all the time.  The time is gettin' closer  that we all be together.
Time is movin' along at a good clip now.   The new boy on the block , Max, no doubt will be the last unless I get another fairly soon.

I see the Old Man out of the corner of my eye at times. Not as often as then  but still..  One day I will turn and he will still be there.  I both look forward to it and dread it also.  I am not afraid of it like I was at one time
but I ain't in no rush either.  It will be soon enough.  I still have his old duty collar.   AND baby teeth..

I remember... Doc.. big hug

Friedrich Nietzsche

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »

group hug
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster