October 19, 2019, 07:25:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Shadow..  (Read 7031 times)
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 04:35:39 AM »

Hard to believe but my little monster, that 300 pound wannabe Mauser, turned another year older yesterday.
  and Old Shadow had another anniversary of his passing. I got a big ole chunk of liver mush for the monster.
  Daddy's little goil tried to take it from him.. didn't happen..

Shadow was almost 12 when we had him pts for arthritis in both rear hips.  He couldn't get up anymore and Dwarf couldn't lift him.  Thought I was gonna have to bury both of them.

Life goes on. and Death also..  Death IS part of life.  It takes a lot of age and experiences to get to the point
that U really start to understand.

Now Kaya has started to limp with the sure signs of arthritis starting.  Unlike displacia, which hurts mostly when U move, old arthur hurts alla time.

I been expectin it and have been dosing her with supplements. 

Seems like U folks are the only friends I got that would understand.    Thanx, Doc.. big hug

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 05:48:20 AM »

I do know exactly what you mean Doc when you say that death is a part of life.  It doesn't make it any easier though knowing that and missing the ones that are gone.

Our dogs are getting older now.  I look at Molly and i see white starting on her face.  She's almost 9 yrs old now.  She was 9 mos when we got her.  I'm not ready for this.  It seems like i just lost my  heart dog Ginger.  I will never be ready for this again.

How old is Mauser?  Happy Birthday Mauser!  I'm sorry to hear about Kaya limping.  Do you give glucosomine?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »

Happy Birthday, Mauser boy.  cheer Liver mush sounds like a great treat for a birthday.

Doc, sorry your missing Shadow.  rubhead hug I still miss my dogs from my childhood: Lady, Count, Samantha, and Liz.

Doc, try using different supplements and mix them up to find what works best for Kaya and in what combo. I started using Rematrix for Kiva and she is responding better to it than she did her Glycoflex 3. Of course Rematrix is yeast free which helps for Kiva. Also, look into using herbs like boswellia and others. They really help a lot too.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »

Happy Birthday Mauser!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »

Happy Birthday Mauser!  And missing the ones we lost in our lives is always tough.  I still miss mine an awful lot. big hug
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »

[Shadow?]  Seems like I can see him outta the edge of my vision sometimes..[Shadow?]   Dwarf Still calls his name out when she is half asleep and when she is under pain meds..  [Shadow?]  Keep watch...   

Tomorrow he will be 18..  I Wish..     

Thanx for puttin'up with the memmories and ramblings of an old man..    Stan waving

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »

group hug
This morning I saw a lady walking a HUGE rottie, absolutely beautiful.  Reminded me of you Doc.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 05:06:55 AM »

I believe our heart dogs never really leave us.

Just last week I called Molly by my heart dogs name Ginger.  Ginger died in 2001 yet she's still on my mind.   big hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »

group hug

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »

Not ramblings, Doc. Just sharing your sense of loss which we all understand.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »

Not ramblings, Doc. Just sharing your sense of loss which we all understand.
Boy do we!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster