October 19, 2019, 08:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Shadow..  (Read 7034 times)
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« on: January 10, 2007, 11:01:58 PM »

Today would have been Shadowhawk's 13 th birthday.   We had him PTS  on aug 30 of 04 because of arthritis in his rear hips.  We went
through all the adaquone injections  and drums of rimadyl and if he hadn't been in his final years the vet might have done hip replacements.
   For the last while I was helping him to do his business with a bath towel wrapped around under his hips.
     He was almost 160 lbs of best friend to Dwarf and myself for all of that time .  He and his brother Mauser.   Mauser went to the bridge
April 5 two years before. 
   The last time I walked Shadowhawk he just sat down on the way back and looked at me.  After a while he tried to get up . I helped him back home and Dwarf met us at the door and said that it was time..  He had been dragging himself around behind Dwarf for a couple days now because
Dwarf wasen't strong enough to lift him. He STILL waited for me to get home to do his business.  He acted like it was no big deal.

We went to the vet in my old truck. He and Dwarf in the back cover , me in front.  I got his last kiss while the vet did her thing. His last sight
was of Dwarf.  As I hope mine will be.    I brought him home and Placed him in a coffin that I had already built and dug a grave in the back
yard .  We burried him beside Dwarf's garden where he could watch her while she worked.

He whispered in my ear that if I said his name every year out loud on this day , his day, we would be together again at the end.

Shadow..    Mauser...   Little Buddy..                  If I can make it work, this is  Chief Shadowhawk Parker doin' his Roadkill for Dwarf.

Stan.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »

Sad   group hug It really doesn't get any easier as time goes by, does it?
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 11:16:08 PM »

No.   It sure don't.   Doc.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »

He was gorgeous, I'm sorry Doc  group hug

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 11:51:30 PM »

group hug  Sorry Doc!  What a handsome boy!

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 05:44:17 AM »

It never does get any easier.  It's been 5 1/2 years since i lost my heart dog and to this day i remember every emotion of the day we had to send her to rainbow bride.

I'm sorry doc.

group hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:38:52 AM »

crying crying

Saying I'm sorry certainly doesn't ease anything for you, but, I'm still sorry  group hug

Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »

Aw Doc.  group hug It sure doesn't get any easier. January 6 was two years for my darling Sheva.
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:09:10 AM »

Our sweet babies...........

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Biscuitsmom
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:32 AM »

group hug

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 01:26:56 AM »

I'm sorry you lost your good buddy.  We are coming up on Honey's 3rd anniversary in March!  Has it really been that long.  I still think of her nearly every day!

(I don't mean any disrespect, but the picture made me laugh.  Did he do that when you gave the command, "Roadkill?"  LOL!)

He was a gorgeous dog. 

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »

That was our command for rollover.. Whenever we take our furbabies to the vet they always enjoy our visits.  Chopper weighs a legal
155 lbs as of last weekend.   He does a HUGE roadkill.   everytime he wants Dwarf to rub his belly.  and it is hard to resist.
    The vets are all ladies where we go and they are used to telling them to roadkill.
Then there is the little girl rescue Kaya..  better known as DLG.   [daddy's little girl ]    I always tell her ''let me play with your tittys'' she will roll over
with all legs in the air and I rub her belly and say titty,titty,titty.   It is the way that I check her over .[I had a tumor removed when I first got her ]
   The vets turn red and and I LOVE it.   BTW they still use the command.   Then  pop her on the side or butt and she JUMPS up  and bounces around. 
    No offence taken .   Death comes to every body and every thing .  I can sleep at nite because I know that we did the best for our Buddies
that could be done,  It would be a whole lot different if I had just ignored them and neglected them.   My concience can be a royal Bi^%h to live
with.  I believe that he and Mauser and little Buddy  will be with us at the time promised to all.  I can wait.      Doc.

big hug waving 

Friedrich Nietzsche

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »

Yep.

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:55 PM »

group hug  You never forget those that touch your heart.  It's been over 15yrs since we put my beloved doberman, Roxie to sleep and I still miss her.  I need to find some pics of her and scan them to show what a beauty she was.

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »

Today would have been Shadowhawk's 13 th birthday.   We had him PTS  on aug 30 of 04 because of arthritis in his rear hips.  We went
through all the adaquone injections  and drums of rimadyl and if he hadn't been in his final years the vet might have done hip replacements.
   For the last while I was helping him to do his business with a bath towel wrapped around under his hips.
     He was almost 160 lbs of best friend to Dwarf and myself for all of that time .  He and his brother Mauser.   Mauser went to the bridge
April 5 two years before. 
   The last time I walked Shadowhawk he just sat down on the way back and looked at me.  After a while he tried to get up . I helped him back home and Dwarf met us at the door and said that it was time..  He had been dragging himself around behind Dwarf for a couple days now because
Dwarf wasen't strong enough to lift him. He STILL waited for me to get home to do his business.  He acted like it was no big deal.

We went to the vet in my old truck. He and Dwarf in the back cover , me in front.  I got his last kiss while the vet did her thing. His last sight
was of Dwarf.  As I hope mine will be.    I brought him home and Placed him in a coffin that I had already built and dug a grave in the back
yard .  We burried him beside Dwarf's garden where he could watch her while she worked.

He whispered in my ear that if I said his name every year out loud on this day , his day, we would be together again at the end.

Shadow..    Mauser...   Little Buddy..                  If I can make it work, this is  Chief Shadowhawk Parker doin' his Roadkill for Dwarf.

Stan.

Shadow...He would have been 16 today..    Stan.. 

Friedrich Nietzsche

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »

group hug
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:25 PM »

Sorry you're missing him, Doc.  rubhead hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 09:14:56 PM »

Oh Doc.  Thanks for the tears.  I did laugh over roadkill command and let me play with your tittys.
I have not ever stopped missing my dogs from my past.  Rainbow bridge really helps me get thru somedays.
 group hug group hug group hug to you and Dwarf.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 05:03:08 AM »

Doc... big hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 08:16:51 AM »

group hug  No, time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds...in just a couple of weeks it will have been a year since we lost Roscoe. group hug

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »

group hug Keep saying his name really loud, Doc and we'll say it right with you.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 05:02:47 AM »

Shadow..  another aniversary of his passing.  Time is going by quick enough I guess.  Today is Little
Mauser's birthday also.  The circle of life..  Doc.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 08:42:48 AM »

Awww Doc... big hug
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »

group hug

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
minniesmom
Administrator