August 21, 2014, 12:59:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mabel is all set to be spayed on Wednesday  (Read 13535 times)
Carole
Dog Addict!

Sergeant Sunny a.k.a "Sarge"

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 12:01:35 PM »

Miss Mabel will be fine!!  group hug

Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nose
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »

group hug  thinking about you guys today.  Can't wait to hear how she made out.

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 07:17:36 PM »

SO!? How did it go?

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 07:48:08 PM »

Sorry guys, I had computer trouble and couldn't post an update earlier.   pulling hair

Anna has a very busy evening so she probably won't be on until tomorrow.

Mabel is safely home and comfortably resting.  Happy Yell  She's feeling quite well and very happy to be home.  As usual, she was a love at the vet's and charmed the pants off of everyone. 

Her spay went well, no problems.  They did, however, with blood, work find that her liver is not in good shape.   Sad  So, we will be working hard to help her liver recoup as much as possible.  At the same time, battling the demodex and the yeast issue that's come about since being on such a long treatment of doxi.  I'll leave sharing of the details to Anna.

On a lighter note, to share with you what Anna shared with me this evening, Anna had a bit of concern because Mabel still had some swelling in her breasts.  Being that she was in heat three months ago, Anna was a bit worried about it.  So, she asked the good vet about it and he responded with "no, her breasts aren't swollen from hormones, it's fatty deposits"  rotflmao  so, it appears as though our little girl is going to need a boob job  rotflmao 

Despite the liver issues, her kidneys are good and she is feeling good.  Happy and spunky as ever  Heart

Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

Glad the spay went well!  woohoo

Hopefully the liver issue isn't a serious one, she's been through so much, can't this poor girl catch a break? Sad

Healing thoughts heading Mabels way

and some hugs for Anna  group hug

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 07:54:31 PM »

Thanks for the update, Gail. I hope she has a speedy recovery!  Hope her liver is not a serious thing.

Oh... the computer troubles....  weren't just on your end.  snowink

Kelsey
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 07:58:38 PM »

Glad it went well!  I hope she recovers quickly and that her liver improves also!   

Hogan: http://www.dogster.com/?124897    Jack: http://www.dogster.com/?124913

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »

Thanks, everyone.  Anna and Mabel appreciate the hugs and well wishes  group hug

We won't kid you - her liver is pretty bad.  Fortunately, though, there is stuff we can do for her liver to help it out. 

Thankfully Mabel found herself, several months ago, in the hands of Anna who has and will continue walk on fire for her and won't stop short of making sure Mabel is as well as can be.  Mabel knows it, too. 

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »

I'm glad she came through surgery just fine, but I'm sorry she has liver troubles.  Thanks for updating us.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »

Glad the spay went well!  woohoo

Hopefully the liver issue isn't a serious one, she's been through so much, can't this poor girl catch a break? Sad

Healing thoughts heading Mabels way

and some hugs for Anna  group hug

She got a HUGE break ...   She got Anna and Mark          Doc Stan

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

Nala Poo - Queen of the Couch

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »

I caught a few minutes to break away and say hello.  Mabel got the shivers when we got home so she is all bundled up on a bed in my bedroom under three blankets snoring her little heart out.  I'm devastated that her liver is in such bad shape, but as Gail said it is not irreversible.  It is going to take some work and a little more head scratching, but we will get her over this hump too.  Gail has been a wonderful resource of information and has put us on the right track to getting some additional supplements involved that will help the liver specifically.  Mary Mac has called and is sending Mabel's liver a care package tomorrow.  As for Miss Mabel, aside from needing a boob lift she is acting as if not a thing in the world is wrong.  She just loves life and charms the everyone she meets.  She is such a magical little creature.

I am attaching a couple of pictures that I snapped of her a couple minutes ago.  This girl can sleep.  Gail will tell you.  When Mabel is out, she is out Cold.

* Bundled up.jpg (83.92 KB, 768x512 - viewed 166 times.)

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »

Right you are, Doc, right you are. 

Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »

Pic Two

* Precious Girl.jpg (71.58 KB, 768x512 - viewed 148 times.)

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »

Last one.  I am off to feed the other six.  Good night all and thanks so much for the love and good wishes.  Gail and MM,  group hug group hug Heart Heart Heart Heart  We would be lost without you some days.

* Sleping Beauty.jpg (91.67 KB, 768x512 - viewed 159 times.)

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »

OMG   thud

Those are THE sweetest pictures  Heart

Good night, Anna and Mabel.   group hug

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 09:10:07 PM »

Sleeping Beauty is right! 

I'm so happy to hear it is not irreversible.  We'll keep sending good thoughts  your way!

G'night..

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 09:28:30 PM »

Awww...Makes you want to just curl up rught there with her!   Heart Heart Heart

I'm so glad the spay went well!  So sorrrry about her liver!  group hug

Prayers and good thoughts for the sweet girl!

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 09:30:31 PM »

She's such a doll! Gawd I love that dog!  Heart
Best wishes sent out your way  group hug

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2007, 04:51:02 AM »

mabel has stolen many hearts on here.

Those pictures are adorable. 

I'm glad the spay went well but i am concerned to hear about the liver problems.  It's fixable? 

May i ask how?

group hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »

Jan, unlike the kidneys and some other organs, the liver can regenerate and heal itself. And, some of the damage may be from the mange treatment she's been on for, what now, six months? So Anna is going to look for other mange treatments (or not treat it at all) , and give her supplements that specifically target the liver. Then we'll monitor her blood values every month and see if there's any improvement. If not, we'll look for something else to try.

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2007, 07:57:17 AM »

Glad to hear that the spay went well and the liver treatment is reversible. I feel more strongly than ever that Mabel ended up in the right place in Anna and Mark's loving care and with the incredible support of Gail and Mary Mac.
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 09:04:05 AM »

Jan, unlike the kidneys and some other organs, the liver can regenerate and heal itself. And, some of the damage may be from the mange treatment she's been on for, what now, six months? So Anna is going to look for other mange treatments (or not treat it at all) , and give her supplements that specifically target the liver. Then we'll monitor her blood values every month and see if there's any improvement. If not, we'll look for something else to try.

Right.  I'm confident that by eliminating the ivermectin and concentrating on supplements that enhance the liver's function and aid in liver cell membrane stabilization and regeneration will help her tremendously. 

5dogs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »

You guys are ubelievable! Glad to hear the spay went well, and my fingers are crossed for her liver!

Dog is my co-pilot.

To err is human, to forgive canine. -Anonymous

http://www.nopuppymillscanada.ca/
Jen
Dog Addict!

my girls

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »

I'm glad the spay went well and I'm hoping her liver heals quickly

My little dog... a heartbeat at my feet. - Edith Wharton
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »

Glad to hear all went well on the spay!  Happy Yell

Sorry to hear about the liver, but be persistant. Bruno's liver was in rough shape for almost a year and a half before we saw a real good turn around! His last lab work showed the levels in a beautiful range. It just took FOREVER! Good luck! With MM and Gail helping hopefully it wont take as long !

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster