April 17, 2014, 07:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All expense paid vacation to Alabama June 2007  (Read 5657 times)
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

Nala Poo - Queen of the Couch

« on: December 27, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »

My lovely Father in Law would like to take the entire family on an Alaskan Cruise this coming June.  I will need a live in doggy sitter to come and care for Mabel and the rotten crew.  I normally use a local sitter but that is only for one or two nights. I will provide food, transportation and any other perks (reasonable) that anyone could desire.  I live in Dothan, AL.  It is 70 miles from Panama City Beach, FL and 200 miles from Atlanta, GA.  There are lots of things to do and several great day trips that I could suggest. 

If anyone is interested in getting an opportunity to see the deep south and enjoy Mabel's company for 7-10 days please let me know! 

Be warned though, you will end up covered in slobber and goo most days!  woof

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:29:55 PM »

Wow..  I have no doubt you will have plenty to choose from! 

Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »

Wow!! I'm sure you'll get lots of takers!!

Carole
Dog Addict!

Sergeant Sunny a.k.a "Sarge"

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 09:01:06 PM »

omg Anna what an offer!!

Ya know, Scott and I never had a honeymoon when we got married last october. This would be perfect for us!

We would get to visit the nice deep south of the great USA AND the best part would be playing with all those doggies everyday!(a dream vacation if you ask me!) Of course if we were chosen and you gave permission only, we would even take one or two with us on some day trips! Wow, would be so much fun!

Scott and I are interested in this generous offer!

Whoever you chose is gonna be real lucky for a week! chbuds

Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nose
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 09:30:40 PM »

Sounds good to me!  Although I do have to warn you that these fur kids are a handful.  It's a lot of work cleaning up after them and feeding them, let alone finding time to play.  You may not get to spend any time having fun!

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
Lindsay- Bernie's Mom
Dog Addict!

Has a zoo.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 10:38:54 PM »

Wow! I make the 4 hour drive to Dothan from me several times a year to visit a close friend that lives there. I had no clue you, and the beautiful Mabel, lived so close!!! My friend lives just behind Cowboy's near the Peanut Festival fairgrounds!

I don't know what my plans are in June- as I hope to be in school by then- but keep me in mind if something falls through. Carole would be an awesome person to take care of your crew! I hope it works out.
Carole
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »

Carole would be an awesome person to take care of your crew! I hope it works out.

Thanks for the compliment.

Sounds good to me!  Although I do have to warn you that these fur kids are a handful.  It's a lot of work cleaning up after them and feeding them, let alone finding time to play.  You may not get to spend any time having fun!

Awww, no need to worry....to me there is no hard work when it comes to dogs only labor of love. All I would need is very detail instructions on how you want things done and it will be done your way. I know how we can all be about our babies! Your crew would be a walk in the park compared to what I use to have to deal with at the local shelters and wildlife centers I use to volunteer for. grinsno

Well, as far as I know I am available for June (done school bus driving then) so the offer is there but just in case you perfer someone closer to you (cause I am in Canada afterall LOL) or someone else who offers, please by all means choose who you would like, June is pretty far away so anything can happen and more offers may be made by then.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:20 AM »

omg how exciting for everyone !!!!!

Carole would do great and Anna you'll just love a cruise.

I don't have anymore vacation time until august.   Sad

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 07:34:02 AM »

Wow! I make the 4 hour drive to Dothan from me several times a year to visit a close friend that lives there. I had no clue you, and the beautiful Mabel, lived so close!!! My friend lives just behind Cowboy's near the Peanut Festival fairgrounds!

I don't know what my plans are in June- as I hope to be in school by then- but keep me in mind if something falls through. Carole would be an awesome person to take care of your crew! I hope it works out.

You need to let me know the next time you are coming.  Mabel would love to meet you and so would I!  We only live about 3 miles from Cowboys.  I'll be mad if you don't stop in.  impatient  Where are you at geographically?  GA or FL or AL?

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »

Well, now, I'm just going to have to see if I can clear some time in June.  I may be able to convince DH to do this, providing we can both get the time off at the same time. 

Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:54:28 AM »

woohoo chbuds clapping Happy Yell Happy Yell

I knew if I put the bait out there, you would bite it! spews

You could bring Jillian and George and it would be like a family reunion for Mabel!

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 09:33:12 AM »

spews

And I'm biting  grinsno

Hopefully we can make it work. 

Lindsay- Bernie's Mom
Dog Addict!

Has a zoo.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 10:38:44 AM »

You need to let me know the next time you are coming.  Mabel would love to meet you and so would I!  We only live about 3 miles from Cowboys.  I'll be mad if you don't stop in.  impatient  Where are you at geographically?  GA or FL or AL?

I am in Florida, Gainesville, to be exact. I don't have any plans right now to visit Dothan for awhile, but I usually make a trip over Spring break- which is mid-March. I will let you know if I come through anytime soon. 
Carole
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »

Well, now, I'm just going to have to see if I can clear some time in June.  I may be able to convince DH to do this, providing we can both get the time off at the same time. 

That would be awesome! Especially since Mabel has already met and know you! I think Gail would be perfect for this if she can do it! chbuds

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 04:31:05 PM »

I'm hoping - just keep your fingers crossed that I can coordinate the time.

Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

I hope to get firm dates in about a week.  I will let you know.  Mabel will be so thrilled to see her other mommy! woof Heart Heart

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »

smilesnow

I would love to see her, too - not to mention meet the rest of your rotten crew.  And hey, meeting you and your family in person would be great, too.

Definitely let me know the dates and I'll see if we can pull it off.

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »

Well now Gail, you have to travel through Charlotte you know, so you'd better take an extra couple of days.........

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »

rotflmao

If I make it down, I'm sure I'll take plenty of time to stop in to see you and your crew, too  grinsno

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »

bump

Who's watching Mabel?  impatient

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »

rotfl rotfl rotfl

Anna's gone, and come back!!!!!!!

wink2

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »

Well, she never said when it was exactly..
I just saw a guest looking at this thread and remembered about it!

Hope she had a good time!

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 05:00:05 PM »

Ask her about her wardrobe.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »

poke I will... sounds interesting.

How's Mabel been?

Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 01:42:53 AM »

impatient I wanna Mabel and trip update too. poke

Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:37 AM »

Ask her about her wardrobe.

Uh, oh..... Why do I think there is an interesting story here?
ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 11:28:50 AM »

Yeah!  What's up w/ Mabel??  poke

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster