December 15, 2018, 01:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: xmasscene

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Meat Grinder!!  (Read 1147 times)
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« on: September 21, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »

I just picked up a meat grinder yesterday - I've had one for years, but, the idiot that I can be, apparently I threw away a crucial piece the last time I used it and didn't realize it until I had about 50 lbs of meat out to be ground  bang your head  My old statement "you just can't fix stupid"  applies to me this time.   rotflmao

So, with all that meat out, I had to scramble to find a replacement.  Typically I order stuff like this on line - it's not an item that you can just go out and by off the shelf somewhere.  I didn't have a week to wait for it to be shipped so I had everyone I knew searching for a electric meat grinder that would be capable of grinding bones, too - tall order in these parts.

Well, my brother-in-law saved the day   HI5 he found a listing on Craigslist - and let me tell you, what a find!!!!!  For those of you that are familiar with commercial appliances, this is a Hobart commercial grinder and this thing rocks!!!!!! This thing has a 21 x 18 loading pan!!  4" input!!!

I should mention, too, that it is so heavy my DH nearly threatened me with divorce last night after he brought the beast in from my car.  I should say, after the first time he attempted to get it out of my trunk - he came back in and insisted there's something wrong with me if I thought he could just throw that thing over his shoulder and walk it into the house.  It didn't look THAT heavy  whoknows 

He did finally get it in the house and it's going to require a commercial steel table to hold it - hopefully one with wheels, but, for now, it's sitting on my kitchen floor. 

So, I got it all together and ground up the meat (and bones) and let me tell you, that thing grinds meat and bones at least a hundred times more efficiently than my old faithful little grinder.   Happy Yell

I know, for those of you that don't feed raw, I'm sure you're thinking I'm nuts - and you're probably right.

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 12:11:40 PM »

Threw away a crucial piece? How the heck did you manage that????

rotflmao

Congrats!

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »

wow, i'm envious over here.  I been toying with an idea of buying a grinder, but my dogs are so tiny i wondered if it was worth it.

hmmm, maybe I'll look around craigslist...
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 03:26:03 PM »

drool new toy... Cheesy
Congrats on the good find!

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 03:32:19 PM »

Threw away a crucial piece? How the heck did you manage that????

rotflmao

Congrats!

Well, you see  blush blush  apparently when I finished with it last time I was in a bit of a rush....I pull it apart over a plastic bag so all the stuff left inside can just fall into the bag, but, it does have more than one piece.  So, I must have left one sitting in the bag and well, that was that.  Oh, yes, and it was the one piece that holds in the blade and plate  bang your head bang your head  Couldn't have been a blade or a plate, I have spares - no, no, no - it has to be THE piece that holds it all together!!!  The good thing is, this Hobart is so much bigger that if I leave a part in the bag, I'll definitely know it.  This one should be Gail proof - and I'm working on Gail proofing everything else so I avoid future problems like this.  

Sally, you can get smaller grinders fairly cheap - check Ebay, too.  I got my first one off Ebay.  

Yes, we love new toys.  Have a whole lot more meat to grind tonight  bouncy2

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »

Being in the business, I can say you picked up a very good appliance in a Hobart. clapping It should last for years if was taken care of by the person who had previously.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster