July 08, 2020, 11:09:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INTRODUCING....DEISEL!!!  (Read 4939 times)
megs
Dog Addict!

« on: August 24, 2006, 06:30:40 PM »

Here he is.  He's so cute and sweet!!!  He's about 12 or so weeks old.  Any guesses?  We thought Pit mix at first but not so sure any more

* littled1.JPG (78.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 218 times.)

* littled2.JPG (46.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 219 times.)

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
ewin0210
Staff Writer

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:33:32 PM »

He's 100% adorable. I just want to squish that puppy face. I'm not sure but he almost looks lab x dane mix......

So CUTE dancydog

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »

She's so lucky!

* littled3.JPG (118.18 KB, 640x480 - viewed 211 times.)

* littled4.JPG (112.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 209 times.)

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
KatMoon
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 06:42:28 PM »

Looking at the chest, ears and face, I'd say 100% Pitbull/AmStaff and Lab mix. He could pass as a Lab if you don't look to closely.
jazzmyn(Sus)
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

soooooo cute.......I can see some of whatever Tuck is in him, totally not the colour, but the shape of the head....some type of hound maybe?

A.J.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 06:47:54 PM »

He's adorable!  Love those eyes!  Heart
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 06:57:39 PM »

He's precious!!!  How big is he?

Congrats Susan on your new baby!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:00:34 PM by minniesmom » Logged
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

I see Dane in the ears and build, if he's only 12 weeks, he could be a BIG boy. But pics are so hard to tell because there isn't a size reference in there.  I think there's definately a little lab in there. He is gorgeous!

k9krazee (Ashley)
Willing to make signatures upon request :)
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 07:10:39 PM »

He looks pretty big for 12 weeks! He very well could have some Dane in him...all I know is that he is ADORABLE!! Congrats Susan  Grin

Ashley and Crossbone ("Miniature ACD")

Living with my parents: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTs)
RIP Kyra: 7/11/04 - 11/3/12 & Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08
shadow94
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I still can't believe I actually went back and got him.  So far the 3 dog adjustment has gone great! They pretty much ignore each other.  Diesel is much more interested in people than other dogs, which I like!  He seems very eager to please.  He is also very good with kids.  Not really any jumping and so far no nipping.  He just hangs out with them and follows the kids around.  I am hoping this isn't just like a honeymoon period and once he knows he's staying turn into a tornado.  He also probably doesn't feel the greatest.  When Megan and I first saw him on Saturday he had extremely runny stools.  Shot straight out like a water fountain.  Today Megan described it as "soft serve"!!  The woman assured me he doesn't have worms. She had given him 6 doses of Panacur while he was with her.  All the dogs there seem to have it.  She said she thinks it might be the bags of DINNER ROUNDS that someone donated.  She thinks they might have been spoiled!! Of course the food sitting out in the sun with the flies landing all over it wouldn't help either.  Anyway today I made a batch of beef and rice and that is what he will have for the next few days.  He's not complaining.  Big improvement from the recommended Beneful puppy.
Thanks again, and I will keep everyone updated. Keep those guesses coming!
shadow94
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 07:17:28 PM »

He is about 26lbs now. I will know for certain next Friday when he goes to get neutered.  I hope my scale is off and he is only 25lbs because it will save me $10!!!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 07:24:55 PM »

She said she thinks it might be the bags of DINNER ROUNDS that someone donated.  She thinks they might have been spoiled!! Of course the food sitting out in the sun with the flies landing all over it wouldn't help either.
  eeek

I hope he's gonna be okay!
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 08:19:18 PM »

Hey, don't knock the Beneful.  You traded one bag and three gallons of bleach for Little D, I'd say you did pretty well for yourself!  I'll give you two bags of Beneful if I can have him...but I know I'll have to get past Max first.

-Henry Rollins
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 08:39:06 PM »

Did he come with a bowl to sit in?  Grin
shadow94
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »

I guess you're right about the Beneful. Who knew it was so valuable.  I got Diesel for 31lbs ($20.99) and 3 gallons of Clorox ($.99/ea).  Pretty good deal!
Thanks for taking and posting the pics Megs.  Hopefully I can get back over to the lady's house for my camera!
shadow94
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 08:43:17 PM »

Unfortunately, no he didn't come with a bowl. He was BYOB....bring you own bowl!! LOL
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »

I'm so jealous of you that I emailed a lady on Petfinder classifieds about 7 wk old boxer/pit pups.  Seems her dogs had pups (11 of them) she wants $100 each and the proceeds will go to alter her dogs.  $1100 to neuter two dogs?  Hmmmmm.....

You know I won't get one though....I'm all talk

BTW...I love the pic of Julia and Shadow and Gunner.  SOOO cute!

-Henry Rollins
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 08:58:07 PM »

25 lbs at 12 wks. He sounds like he could be a big boy! I'm so happy for you guys and Diesel!!

pittygrrl
Dog Addict!

My Ontario Includes Pit Bulls!

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:35 PM »

Awww - he is a darling. He looks a lot like a dog in one of my obedience classes who is a Lab X Shar Pei.  The guy in my obedience class doesn't look too Sharpei but they know the parents so it's confirmed.  I thought I saw possible am staff in the first pic but not really in the others - does he have the bully grin?

KatMoon
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 09:15:50 PM »

25 lbs at 12 wks. He sounds like he could be a big boy!
Yep, Daisy was 18 lbs when she was 8 1/2 weeks.
Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

Unfortunately, no he didn't come with a bowl. He was BYOB....bring you own bowl!! LOL

rotfl rotfl

I hope his tummy feels better quick!

welcome deisel!  I agree, he is going to be a big boy!
Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »

What a beautiful boy!  I love his face and his big old ears!! 

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
Jen
Dog Addict!

my girls

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 07:52:03 PM »

Diesel, you are an absolute cutie, I hope you have lots of bowls to sit in in your new home Smiley

My little dog... a heartbeat at my feet. - Edith Wharton
shadow94
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 08:39:23 PM »

Diesel and I appreciate all the compliments.  He is really a good puppy.  Housebreaking is going fabulous. He whines to go out and usually gets right to business and heads right back to the porch.  We are having issues with chewing now, but that is to be expected. I have been pretty good with takiing things away from him and trading for something he can chew.  It only a matter of time until he does some damage.  He sleeps through the night in his crate with no problem although he is an early riser (5am) we will have to so something about that!
Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

Wow, sounds like he's adjusting well and is a quick learner! You're doing a good job teaching him all the rules and what you expect of him, apparently! 

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster