September 15, 2014, 07:51:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need your help!  (Read 2556 times)
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« on: August 13, 2006, 11:15:10 PM »

As some of you know, I am doing a marathon walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

When my boss first told me about this, I thought "Wow, walk through Disney...I love Disney"
and "I'll get in shape"   woohoo

So I've been practicing walking on my treadmill, drinking protein shakes and eating healthy, etc.

Saturday morning I woke up at 5:00 a.m.  Had a shake, took care of my furkids and picked up Joanne at 6:20 a.m.

We got there around 6:45, checked in, got our t-shirts and waited for the rest of the team to come!  Little by little a small crowd started forming.

So they started introductions...The 1st person was there because her son was a survivor of Leukemia..

The 2nd person was there because her husband died from it...then there was the next story and the next...

By the time they got to me, I blurted out my name and just started crying for these people.  crying

I then realized this means so much more!  Yes, I might get into shape and yes I might be walking through Disney, but
this could possibly save lives.

After walking only about 2 miles at a very fast pace.  I came home, had an egg white omelette, wheat toast and coffee.
I was so tired that I layed down and went to sleep for a few hours.  I was so out of it!

Today, I woke up in so much pain...my shins hurt, my back hurts, hips hurt...I was one big body bruise!

It was nothing compared to what these people must suffer through!  I took a Motrin to take care of my pain...

These people are taking poison!

I'm so glad that I'm doing this!

So, I'm asking for some help!  $1 of help will be fine, if that's all you can spare!  It will really be appreciated!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsofl/tntsoflADOVE

Thank you!!! 

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Donna and Ron
Dog Addict!

Life doesn't get any better than this...

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 11:35:49 PM »

AJ - Bless you for doing this, My dear friend Paul Schaeffer  angel died from Lymphoma on May 31, 2005 at the age of 45. He was a healthy kinda guy, didn't smoke, didn't drink much, got up in the morning before work and worked out. Lived life with the most awesome attitude. Was famous for saying "It's not the destination its the journey. On May 6-7, 2006 we did the Relay for Life for him. May 7th would have been his 46th birthday, we finished the relay with the last lap singing Happy Birthday to him. That weekend was one of the most emotional times of my life and I am so very glad that I got involved and will stay involved for as long as I can walk around that track.  crying  May 8th is the day I found out how ill my son was and they put him in the hospital. I truly believe that weekend has helped me to get through everything that we have gone through since, and will go through for a very long time to come.  I know it put me in touch with some of the best Doctors this town has to offer.And showed me the strength of some pretty wonderful people.

I would be proud to sponsor you.   big hug

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
--Josh Billings
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:08:56 AM »

God Bless you Donna!  Thank you!  big hug kiss

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Biscuitsmom
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 10:40:55 AM »

Ok girlie, I did what I could.  group hug

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »

Ok girlie, I did what I could.  group hug

Thank you Jessica!  It means a lot!  Bless You!  kiss group hug

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Donna and Ron
Dog Addict!

Life doesn't get any better than this...

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 12:40:50 AM »

AJ when is your Marathon? I am sure it says above but I am way to tired/dingy tonight to read it again please let me know so tht i can have my cheering hat on that day for you!  cheer

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
--Josh Billings
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 07:04:02 AM »

Oh I'll let you guys know!  Not until January!  It'll be nice and cool then too!     A girl I'm training with, said it was freezing last year!   Freezing to a Floridian is 50 degrees!  rotflmao

So I have lots of training to go!  I need it!  outahere

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 01:43:31 AM »

for one reason or another, I cant do it yet.  my money goes in cycles and I have to pay for tsuki's tution.

since it wont be until January, please remind me (pm me if you have to) later and I will definitely sponser you. 

I also think it is awsome you are doing this and good luck with your training! 

If Cana goes with you wearing her sexy nightgown I will double my donation  Grin
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 07:30:29 AM »

for one reason or another, I cant do it yet.  my money goes in cycles and I have to pay for tsuki's tution.

since it wont be until January, please remind me (pm me if you have to) later and I will definitely sponser you. 

I also think it is awsome you are doing this and good luck with your training! 

If Cana goes with you wearing her sexy nightgown I will double my donation  Grin

rotfl  Thank You Sally!  I appreciate it!   kiss group hug

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 08:24:52 AM »

Sally, Thank you so very much for your generous donation!   big hug big hug big hug

I can't tell you how much it means!  kiss

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 10:04:07 PM »

My pleasure!   big hug

so how is your training coming along?

Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 10:28:27 PM »

A.J., sorry I either missed or completely forgot about this! How's it going?

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 03:52:06 AM »

My pleasure!   big hug
so how is your training coming along?
A.J., sorry I either missed or completely forgot about this! How's it going?

It's going well!  If you call coming home on Saturday mornings and collapsing, going well!  rotflmao

I'm doing 7 miles today! If you notice, I'm writing this at 4:38 a.m.  Grin while I'm drinking my protein shake!

Pretty soon, the longer the walks, the earlier we'll have to meet.   I was told eventually, we will have to be at the meeting place at 4 a.m.  eeek

It is worth it though!  After every walk, we meet back at this pavillion at the beach!  Last week we met this 4 year old boy, that has leukemia.  It's heartbreaking!   Sad

Well, have to get ready now!   

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 04:01:33 AM »

Andrea, I just went to my website and saw your donation!  Thank you so very much!  big hug big hug big hug

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster