April 24, 2014, 04:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donation total for Mabel  (Read 7330 times)
Dog_Daddy
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 07:55:22 AM »

Wow!  clapping
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 08:55:19 AM »

WTG everyone!!!  DA is the best! 

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Mikey
Forever exploring...
Dog Addict!

Country Fan

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 09:52:56 PM »

woohoo
That's awesome!

RIP Sassy: Dec. 26th 1997-June 13, 2008
Forever loved
Mikey-5 year old pug/beagle mix
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

Nala Poo - Queen of the Couch

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »

You have all been so wonderful!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  bow bow bow

I was thinking.  Mind you, this is often a dangerous process for me.  3 circles But all of Mabel's expenses are covered.  The money already raised will meet or exceed her food and veterinary needs until she goes to live with Kat.  I would like, if you all agree, to leave any additional donations with DA in a fund called Mabel's Fund.  Perhaps, members who are active in the rescue community who know of other cases in extreme need could nominate other deserving recipients for funding.  I'm not sure who would or could be in charge of something like this, but it would honor Mabel and continue the incredible work you have all done already.  This way DA'ers could continue to reach out and help others in memory of your awesome accomplishments with Miss Mabel.

Just my two cents....  group hug group hug

Anna

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
KatMoon
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2006, 09:23:25 AM »

That's a great idea.  Happy Yell
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »

Great idea!  What about that Weim, Dustin?

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Dog_Daddy
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2006, 09:34:34 AM »

Sounds good.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »

Sounds good to me, too.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 11:54:55 AM »

I like that idea myself. Dave and Terri and I have sort of discussed it some already, but I think it's really going to be up to them. Something like that will require a fair amount of overseeing and management that will ultimately be their responsibility, since they own this place. It has the potential to do a lot of good, and save some dogs that may not have been saved, but it also has the potential for pitfalls and mis-use. 

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Mechele
Inactive Member

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 12:38:05 PM »

I think it is a great idea

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,
kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that made you smile.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »

I think it's a great idea. But I agree that it could be abused. I guess with any trust fund there would have to be very specific guidelines and criteria to be met.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Dog_Daddy
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »

yeah. guidelines will be needed for sure. I suggest the people who receive monies should be people DA knows, are active members, and have a track record with both rescue and the DA community. Also Dave and Terri, you may want to consider making this a non-profit project as an extension of DA, not DA itself...I can help a bit with the non-profit information and anything else that maybe needed.

Yea,  Mable's Project!
Biscuitsmom
Dog Addict!

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 05:37:31 PM »

Fabulous idea!  clapping

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster