July 30, 2014, 12:00:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your comments about Mabel  (Read 47744 times)
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1125 on: November 30, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »

Hi Anna, sorry I'm seeing this so late. Just wanted to say that both my dogs had ehrlichia and we just finished antibiotics about a month ago. A little hard on the Ezi-tummy too.  woof Glad she's feeling better!

Like Borders? Maybe you can help Marcy!
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1126 on: December 01, 2006, 04:40:15 AM »

Yep~ wayyyyyyyyyy overdue for pics!  We need them!!!

Glad to hear Mabel is doing so good!

kiss

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« Reply #1127 on: December 01, 2006, 12:41:08 PM »

Whew!  I am so glad Mabel is responding well to the antibiotics.
Everytime things get crazy at home with life stuff, I have to check on Mabel to help me feel better and to help remember there are great things going on out there too.

We need pictures of Mabel in her christmas wardrobe.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1128 on: December 07, 2006, 06:27:05 PM »

chbuds we need an update!!!  chbuds

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #1129 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:25 PM »

Need more pics for my screensaver!  instead of putting them on a dvd disc [ain't enough room on just 1] I am useing a disc about the size of an old LP album.LOL.     I hope I didn't just age myself..   Doc Stan...

blush thud

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1130 on: December 07, 2006, 09:49:14 PM »

Oh Doc, you aged yourself long ago. 
But you can use that to our advantage...use your elder authority to get the message to Anna we need more pics.   
I know a lot about respecting elders.  I figure others in and any above my age group (mid 30's and older) know it too. My daddy is in his 60s and is from the "old school."   He is also an old cowboy.  He is not ever shy about giving me an attitude adjustment no matter how old I get. 
So, you get your redneck attitude in gear and get Anna to post pics. 
Just do not be too rough, she still has the final power over our Mabel lives.

Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

Nala Poo - Queen of the Couch

« Reply #1131 on: December 09, 2006, 06:51:08 PM »

I will work on getting some tomorrow although she looks awful right now.  She and Charlie decided to dig a hole under the fence and attempt to run off to Vegas to get married.  Charles, being the un-bright little guy he is only dug the hole big enough for himself and poor Mabel skinned up her shoulders trying to wiggle under the fence. 

She is having the time of her life and Charlie is teaching her all sorts of bad habits.  Just 15 minutes ago I found them playing tag with a small possum that they had managed to catch.  Needless to say, Mark had to go and retrieve their newest toy.   big groan

It was icky and I couldn't watch!  More later.  I promise.

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1132 on: December 09, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »

rotflmao  sounds like they've been keeping you on your toes!   Glad to hear she's doing so good.. 'cept for the shoulder..  silly girl needs to know when she can't fit somewhere. 

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #1133 on: December 09, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »

eeek eeek eeek   rotflmao

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1134 on: December 09, 2006, 07:10:15 PM »

spews

Come on, Anna, what's wrong with a little possum tag?  And when you're done you can make possum stew for the family  YUM

Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #1135 on: December 09, 2006, 07:15:08 PM »

eeek  xmaslol

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1136 on: December 10, 2006, 06:10:09 AM »

Dear Mabel,

Your mommy is on here telling stories about you again.  We know that they can't be true and you are an angel so you must have been framed.

Please let us know soon as our mabel fix is wearing off.

Grin

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #1137 on: December 10, 2006, 09:57:05 AM »

spews

Come on, Anna, what's wrong with a little possum tag?  And when you're done you can make possum stew for the family  YUM

The best way to clean a possom is to just lift his tail and use a bit of toilet paper.   Works about as good as anything ..  Doc.. 

Happy Yell

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1138 on: December 10, 2006, 12:19:11 PM »

rotflmao

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #1139 on: December 10, 2006, 05:08:07 PM »

Honey cornered a possum once!  It was dark in the yard and I couldn't see what it was, but there was definitely something there.  I made Honey go in the house.  I ran around like a mad-woman to find a flashlight, so I could see what was in the backyard.  It turned out to be a possum, standing as still as it could, against the house.  I thought it was cool. 

Sorry that Mabel skinned her shoulders.  Ouch.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1140 on: December 11, 2006, 10:08:52 AM »

Mabel, Mabel, Mabel...

You are acting just like a young hound.  Getting into trouble, letting your nose do your walking and playing.  What if the possum bit you on the nose.xmasshake OUCH!
Hope your shoulders are getting better.  Being a young pup, that may or may not teach you to make the whole bigger when you dig.  My dobe X Xena never learned after trying to follow our chihuahua, Scooby Doo, who escaped one time.  She did make it a point to tell on Scooby Doo by whining and barking at him excitedly so everyone could hear he was out.  Try that method next time, it really gets the humans all stirred up.

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #1141 on: July 22, 2007, 12:17:40 AM »

One year EXACTLY, can you all believe it????????

Mabel is PROOF POSITIVE that you don't have to do much to be involved in rescue. Something as simple as a forwarded picture can save a dog's life.

THANKS AGAIN to everyone that participated in Mabel's journey.....prayers, money, emails, etc....if one tiny little event in that great long chain had not happened, the story may not have ended as happily as it has today!!!

Anna, of course, is Mabel's guardian angel. But each of us here at DA is a link in the chain that binds them. And we should be proud.

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1142 on: July 22, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »

wow A year already!!   Time does fly by.

I'd like to add  my Thanks to all of the members here at DogAddicts that sent good thoughts and donations to Mabel.

Now.......  how about some new pics or updates on our girl?  wink2

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1143 on: July 22, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »

I would love to see pics of Mabel.  I miss updates on her.  I am glad she is still doing well.  It was very easy to get involved with her progress.  She is a very special dog. Heart
OMG, I have almost been with DA for a year.  A year next month.  That did go by super fast.  Mabel and I joined about a month apart. Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 12:42:55 AM by Angel-Dancer » Logged

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1144 on: July 22, 2007, 05:57:33 AM »

I can't believe its been a year already either.  Wow and what an amazing year its been for her.

I agree~ we do need updates.  It's been way too long!

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #1145 on: July 22, 2007, 06:51:36 AM »

Yes, we need an update!  Everytime I see the commercial where the bloodhound has to find the litter box for the cat, I think of Mabel!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1146 on: July 22, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »

WOW!!!  A year already!!!

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #1147 on: September 29, 2007, 08:52:24 AM »

A year ago this morning I was delivering Mabel to Molly for their trip up north.

Wow.

I don't why I'm recollecting all of this so vividly. I guess because Molly left again this morning for the bloodhound nationals. Some things never change!

I know someone will ask for pictures, but Anna is leaving in the morning for 10 days in Berlin. So I'm sure it won't be till after that!

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1148 on: September 29, 2007, 09:11:26 AM »

Funny, I was just going through all the pictures I have here of Mabel from when she was with us.  And it just happens to be a year ago, almost, that she was here.

Can't wait to see new pictures.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1149 on: September 29, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »

Wow.. a year.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster