August 28, 2014, 08:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your comments about Mabel  (Read 48068 times)
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1050 on: October 21, 2006, 05:48:58 AM »

awww that picture is so cute.  She looks like she's readjusted in your home so well!!!

Arn't you afraid walking her in heat?  I'd be afraid some stray romeo would be after her.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

Nala Poo - Queen of the Couch

« Reply #1051 on: October 21, 2006, 06:15:17 AM »

If Mark wasn't close to 300 lbs, I would worry, but he is pretty imposing.  There is no way I would attempt to walk her.  Then I would have every dog in the neighborhood after her.  We don't have a great many strays and since he goes at around 4:45 am, it is still dark and very quiet.  One more week and we will have this mess over with!

This morning Mabel was flirting notoriously with Atticus.  She kept nuzzling him and licking his muzzle and then she would run around and lick the other end!  When she got little response, she gave him the paw right in the face and just looked at him like "What are you waiting on?" Poor Atticus, having been neutered at 5 months, had no idea what she wanted.  He thinks she smells delicious, but he is not sure why.  He drops into a massive play bow and then spins and side swipes her with his behind!  Little Mabel goes flying bottom over tea kettle across the living room and immediately jumps up and comes back for more.

Poor little Scout is in the middle of all of this barking, growling and trying to figure out just who is was that he was chasing!  It is too funny around here.

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1052 on: October 21, 2006, 06:38:59 AM »

rotfl rotfl

That description is so funny!!

My last dog ginger we adopted when she was around 1 1/2 yrs old.  We had no idea if she had been spayed or not and the vet told us to wait around 6 mos after we had her to see if she came into heat.  There was what looked like a little scar on her belly.  The 6 mos mark came and went.  I was so happy!  I thought she had already been spayed.  A little over 7 mos after we had her she came into heat.   Ugh.  I used to always walk her too like i do molly so until she came out of heat I walked her carrying a baseball bat.  Good thing we never ran into another dog because i'm not sure I could even do anything with that baseball bat!  We had her spayed right after she came out of heat.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1053 on: October 21, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »

Oh lovely Mabel  Heart

Great picture with Mark.  It sounds like things are going great!!!!

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #1054 on: October 21, 2006, 09:05:55 AM »

I'm so happy Mark is so happy, and that makes Mabel happy too!!!!!

dancing pumpkins

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #1055 on: October 21, 2006, 09:32:05 AM »

Awww... Heart!  I'm so glad she's happy!  HI5

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #1056 on: October 21, 2006, 11:15:33 AM »

Sounds like everything is going really good!  clapping

Biscuitsmom
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1057 on: October 21, 2006, 11:18:24 AM »

THat is so funny! (the description with Atticus and Scout).

Great picture!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1058 on: October 21, 2006, 11:35:03 AM »

That picture should go in the Sweetest day photo contest! 

I'm glad things are going so good

Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1059 on: October 21, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »

Your Mabel Girl is in Trouble!  She is on Double Secret Probation for being a Pig!   impatient

Today she had already had three meals that added up to just over two pounds and as I was fixing everyone else's supper she was acting like she was still hungry.  Being the sucker I am, I fixed her another small bowl with just a few ounces of ground meat and a couple of small ribs.  I had put Nala Poo's bowl on the Dining room table after I fixed it and put Mabel's bowl on the floor in the dining room for her to eat undisturbed.  The next thing I know, Miss Mabel is in the living room, rooting around and trying to bury something in the toy basket.  I figured that she probably was not really that hungry and was stashing a rib for later tonight.  I didn't give it much thought and let her out to potty while I let the others in to eat.  When I went into the Dining room to give Nala her bowl, it was empty.  thud Not only had Mabel eaten her snack, but she had eaten Nala's entire dinner too!  Nala gets just over two pounds a day! eeek

I'm watching Mabel to make sure she does not get sick and I guess there will be no sneaking into bed later for me.  big groan She has eaten almost five pounds of food and I'm worried she has overdone it.  If she is fine in the morning, I am going to have to talk with her about being a glutton!  Evil

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.  ~Albert Schweitzer
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #1060 on: October 21, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

eeek Mabel's a hungry girl  rotflmao I hope you both aren't paying for it later tonight.

Malnmutt
Staff Writer

Cash, LT and Soda too!

« Reply #1061 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:37 PM »

Hehe, you know a dog feels better when they make a pig of themselves!

LOL @ double secret probation!

(and Soda too!)
If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanna change the world? There's nothing to it. There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there you'll be free if you truly wish to be.
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #1062 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:52 PM »

eeek  rotflmao

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #1063 on: October 21, 2006, 10:59:52 PM »

Naughty May Belle!  LOL!  (is that a new spelling for her name?)   eeek

Heat is so much fun.  We adopted Jasmine on April 24th, 2004.  She was supposed to be spayed on May 3rd, 9 days later.  They had her drugged and everything and then realized she was in heat.  We had to wait for her heat cycle to be over with, before we could get her spayed.  I thought it was a pain.  I was so glad, when June 1st came around and she could finally have her surgery.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Jen
Dog Addict!

my girls

« Reply #1064 on: October 21, 2006, 11:14:33 PM »

5lbs of food in one day? My crew eats about that much in maybe a week, probably even longer than that. She must have been awfully hungry... hope she's still feeling good and has a good night

My little dog... a heartbeat at my feet. - Edith Wharton
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1065 on: October 21, 2006, 11:38:15 PM »

Yikes!!!  sneaky girl.. 

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1066 on: October 22, 2006, 06:08:46 AM »

Your Mabel Girl is in Trouble!  She is on Double Secret Probation for being a Pig!   impatient

Notice how she's our mabel girl now?    rotfl

Too funny Mabel!

Hope everything went good or came out good last night.   Grin

I love these stories about Mabel!!!

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #1067 on: October 22, 2006, 06:28:24 AM »

Ruh Roh!  rotflmao  Little piggy!

I hope she's OK this morning!  woof

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1068 on: October 22, 2006, 07:41:41 AM »

Naughty May Belle!  LOL!  (is that a new spelling for her name?)   eeek

That is how Gail addresses her, since Mabel is a Southern Belle.

The little bugger is just fine this morning and is out walking with her daddy.  We have not seen any ill affects and she seems to be quite proud of herself.  She should be eating about a pound and a half a day for her weight.  I can't imagine that she was hungry!  She had already had over two pounds.  I'm trying not to let her gain too quickly.  I want these last few 10-15 pounds to really stick.

And yes she is YOUR Mabel.  She is as much yours as she is mine.  The little minx. enraged Especially when she is in trouble!  One more week of heat and we are done.  I can't wait.  As for the food thing, I will get a poop report from Mark when they get back from their walk.  Last week she pooped right on the double yellow line in the middle of the street in front of a nightclub!  Mark says she has good aim!   rotfl rotfl

LoveNewfies
Global Moderator

« Reply #1069 on: October 22, 2006, 09:06:24 AM »

spews

That's my girl!!!  She is a little glutton, I'll definitely give her that.  That's a girl that can eat!!! 

kiss to my little May Belle

Jen
Dog Addict!

my girls

« Reply #1070 on: October 22, 2006, 10:47:17 AM »

Glad she is doing fine. What a P-I-G! lol Smiley

My little dog... a heartbeat at my feet. - Edith Wharton
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »

Good gracious Mabel!!!!! What a sneaky girl!!!!!!

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2006, 01:11:06 PM »

Glad she is doing fine. What a P-I-G! lol Smiley
                    Do U think that I should list her on my Pig Rescue Site ?    big hug Happy Yell
                                           Doc Stan   BS.MS. PHD..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Anna and Mabel
Certifiable Dog Idiot
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1073 on: October 22, 2006, 02:54:09 PM »

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Doc!!

Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #1074 on: October 22, 2006, 03:31:23 PM »

Never a dull moment at your place, eh Anna?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster