July 08, 2020, 06:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only 148 days  (Read 97049 times)
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #850 on: October 20, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »

Oh dam.   I was just getting off AOL and saw this....I'm so sorry Jan.  Poor Molly.

44 days is good..but a bad seizure sure is not.   

I hope she is all okay now... rubhead hug

Dyan
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #851 on: October 20, 2015, 06:52:38 PM »

I was actually able to understand some of what you were saying about her post seizure recovery.  I have seen the differences with Scooby Doo and more so with Brandon.  I am thinking it is how the seizure affects the brain at the time of the seizure.  That makes it pretty scary to me.
Last time Brandon had a seizure about 2 weeks ago he can recall most of what was going on around him.  He said it was weird because normally he does not have any memory of it, but this time he did. He said he remembers his GF holding him and talking to him.  He also remembers her giving him juice to bring up his blood sugar after the seizure and checking his BS. 
Glad it was 44 days.  I am anticipating another from Scooby only due to its been about a month since his last one.  I start watching him more carefully for any or all signs.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #852 on: October 20, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »

44 days is good but 88 is better. I'm concerned it was a pretty strong one. Maybe it will be out of her system for a while.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #853 on: October 20, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »

Jan, I hate seeing this pop up in the posts. Hate even more that it was different.
How is she now?
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #854 on: October 21, 2015, 04:56:18 AM »

Molly is doing fine.  You'd never know she had a bad seizure yesterday.  She was back to normal probably within 10-15 minutes .  That is longer though than usual.  Usually it's 5 minutes or less.  For whatever reason, yesterday she had a more severe seizure.

Janet, I am so glad you let me know that Brandon can hear most of what is going on during a seizure and what he is aware of.  I've said that for years that I think Molly knows i'm there and that it comforts her during a seizure.  She actually tries to kiss me.  Everything you read tells you to leave a dog alone during a seizure and under NO circumstances put your face near theirs.  Yea..right. huh?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #855 on: October 21, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »

I hold Scooby and he seems to respond to me most of the time.  Yeah, most seizures Brandon does not remember, but this one and one other he did.  I felt bad for his GF experiencing that with him, but at the same time I am really glad she was there and knew what to do.  Her dad is diabetic type 2, but she has seen him go into insulin shock before too.
I know with Scooby and Brandon some are worse than others.
My old boss, her boxer had them so bad that you could not hold her, her body would jerk too much.  She would literally flop around.  Now to me that would be horrifying scary.
I am glad she is okay now.   phew  One of the times with Brandon, the doctor called it an altered state (I think) I keep forgetting, but he was out of it for 24 hrs.  That is the worse I have ever seen him.  That was the scariest time in my lifetime.  I am thankful he is good now. 
Seizures are just scary all the way around.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #856 on: January 07, 2016, 06:36:21 AM »

As most of you know since i wrote on other thread, Molly had a seizure yesterday.  It was 77 days which is VERY good between seizures.

Actually, Molly had two .  One almost right after the other which is a cluster seizure.  She came out of the seizure and less than a minute later went back into another one.  I'm pretty sure it was caused by stress seeing she had her surgery the day before and her whole way of knowing life is turned upside down.  Molly has been through a lot  so i'm not surprised it happened.  I was actually thinking about it before it happened how long it's been since she had a seizure.   Her last seizure was October 20th.  That's a good long streak.

If you remember when she had her pancreatitis attack, when i was pulling into the driveway after picking her up to take her home, she had a seizure then too so i believe stress has a lot to do with her seizures.

She seems fine this morning.  She's eating so so.  I'm making her eat to get her well faster.  She and I both had a good nights sleep last night so that's also a good thing.

I will be staying home with her until the stitches are out.  I'm lucky i'm not working.  I don't know how that would work out her being by herself in a cone.

I just wonder how long she would have gone without a seizure had she not been stressed from surgery.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #857 on: January 07, 2016, 06:29:08 PM »

77 days is good. And it probably was triggered by stress. Poor Molly. Surgery, a cone, and a seizure. Sweet girl needs some tummy rubs and butt skritches.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #858 on: February 08, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »

Molly just had a seizure. They used to mostly happen at night, now it seems more happen during the day. It's been 33 days. Not good, not bad.

She was upstairs on the bed and I heard something hit the bedboard. Probably her head. I ran up and held her.

I hate this.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #859 on: February 08, 2016, 05:14:04 PM »

I hate it too.  group hug
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #860 on: February 08, 2016, 08:53:39 PM »

That's too bad. Give her some tummy rubs for me.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #861 on: February 08, 2016, 11:47:26 PM »

I hate it too. 
Scooby Doo had a very minor one yesterday.  With that pattern it usually means a bigger one is coming soon. I have no idea if he had another without me home or if it is still coming. 
Maybe we should give our dogs THC.  Not inhalong, but medicine form.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #862 on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »

Pop her on the fanny for me. tell her not to worry us like that.. enraged enraged big hug    Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #863 on: March 06, 2016, 10:00:29 AM »

Molly just had a seizure at the top of the stairs. So glad I saw her before she fell down the stairs. Only 27 days. Not good.

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #864 on: March 06, 2016, 06:41:25 PM »

group hug big hug   Give her a big hug from me and Max and Sadie.. heart...  Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #865 on: March 06, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »

Poor Molly.  rubhead hug  It's good you got to her and were able to comfort her. I hope she goes longer than 27 days this time. Hopefully several months.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #866 on: March 07, 2016, 08:00:35 PM »

Sorry I didn't get to respond to this earlier. Just wanted to send you and Molly a  group hug and I'm so glad she didn't fall down the stairs!
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #867 on: April 15, 2016, 05:10:44 AM »

Molly had a seizure last night around 7 pm.  It's been 37 days.  The last few have been closer in time than before.  I hope this isn't a pattern that continues.

We were upstairs on the bed when it happened.  It was a pretty bad one , but didn't last very long.  I yelled for my husband more than once but he never came and each time i yelled it upset Molly so i stopped.  I wanted him to bring the honey up.

After it was over i asked him why he didn't come and he said he didn't hear.  I think he was sleeping.  Either way i never made it to the honey.  I couldn't leave her on the bed and go get it.

I was hoping as she grew older the seizures would become less.  So far, it doesn't look that way.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #868 on: April 15, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »

Aaahh Jan, that really sucks.
How do you give them honey during the seizure?
Maybe you should ask your husband, now that his eye is fixed, does he need his hearing fixed too?
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #869 on: April 15, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

Ha ha seriously Janet.

I just have honey on a spoon and put as much as I can in her mouth. Honey is supposed to help stop a seizure.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #870 on: April 15, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »

That's too bad she had another seizure. Maybe you should station small bottles of honey in different rooms of your house so next it will be handy.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #871 on: August 16, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »

This is amazing. Molly went 124 days without a seizure. Granted, she might have had one when we weren't home, but I'm home most of the time with her. She has never gone 124 days between seizures EVER!! Her last seizure was April 14th.

I had gone in the house to get her brush. We are on the back porch and I wanted to brush her. In the minute I was inside, she started a seizure. She was looking for me when I came out. She relaxed then and let the seizure happen. It was not long or bad at all, especially for the length of time she's gone without one. I am kind of thinking she'll have another today or tomorrow because it was.so mild. I gave her some honey and needless to say, she didn't get brushed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:36:11 PM by janpo1 » Logged

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #872 on: August 16, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »

Poor Molly....poor Jan.  Well I'm just glad it wasn't very bad. 
And I hope you are wrong about another soon.   big hug

Dyan
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #873 on: August 16, 2016, 05:21:06 PM »

That is fantastic, 124 days! I, too hope you are wrong about another one.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #874 on: August 16, 2016, 06:06:03 PM »

That is great.  I do not want to jinx anything, but I have been waiting for Scooby to have another.  I kind of start watching for the signs more closely when its been awhile.  His last one was very minor too.  I would hope with age they would be less frequent, but I do not imagine that would be true. 
I hope she doesn't have another, that she is good for a long long while again.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster