July 08, 2020, 05:38:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OH NO, Hot Spot  (Read 1104 times)
3 goldens
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:49:25 PM »

Sophie has a hot spot, her first.  She does have allergies, but the only problem was she would have "gunk" in her eyes.  She had not had any
gunky eyes" for several weeks until yesterday morning, and that is when the hot spot showed up.  Nasty things.  They can grown from a nickel size todollar billsize over night.

My vet shaved the hip, gave her a steroid injection and put her on antibiotics for 2 weeks.  Took this picture right after we got home.  We hare hoping to avoid the "dre3aded cone".
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:39:49 AM »

Hot spots are no fun.  Jasmine would never leave hers alone.  She had to wear a cone.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 05:57:10 AM »

Molly, knock on wood, doesn't get hot spots.  My last dog Ginger always got them on her front leg.  I would put medicine on it and wrap it until it healed. 

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:38:39 AM »

I hope Sophie heals up withou needing a cone.  rubhead hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:38:12 AM »

Ouch, I hate those things.  I had a dog who used to get them a lot.  Keep Sophie healing.  Keep us posted and where are your pics of your house with Christmas decorations?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster