July 19, 2018, 08:00:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone use Bare Escentuals?  (Read 6567 times)
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »

I don't have the greatest eyebrows either!  Toward th outer end, the hairs stand up intead of laying down!  rotflmao

There's this new way of doing them now!  My sister can't take the waxing, cause she breaks out!  She goes to this woman who does threading!

Here's a site http://www.salonpanache.com/eyebrowthreading.htm  There'sa video at the bootom of the page!

I'm going to try it the next time my sister goes! This woman works out of her house and charges $5.00
I think it goes for $10-15 in salons!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:55:23 PM by A.J. » Logged

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 09:58:44 PM »

Andrea...it's Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals.  Bare Minerals is basically the brand name. Bare Minerals is on every container i.e. Bare Minerals Foundation, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Bare Minerals Bisque...etc.
I saw that eyebrow stuff too.  Looked great.  I'm horrible about my brows. Poor things have NEVER been groomed. I'm clueless too.  doh

Oh...and just an FYI.  This is not a "powder" makeup...it's a mineral.  They really preach this at Bare Escentuals.  rotflmao

OMG Call me stupid but now I'm even more confused!  I guess I should just go to the QVC web site, huh ?  Tell me how to pick a shade, you guys.  I'm an idiot.

Glad to hear I'm not the only clueless one when it comes to brows.  Everyone talks about threading and waxing but I think I don't have enough brows to even wax OR thread!!!

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 10:08:19 PM »

Well, I have olive colored skin.  When I wear liquid make-up I've always chosen medium beige.

Ariana said she uses medium beige and I think her skin is fairer than mine.  When I use mine tomorrow, I'll see how close to my color it is. 

What color skin would you say you have?

Andrea, when you go to the web site, click on the bare minerals.  At the top of the page it says how-to! There's a whole list of mini videos to watch on how to appy it!    http://www.bareescentuals.com/

On the right side of the page is "How to pick your shade"!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 10:10:07 PM by A.J. » Logged

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »

Yes Ariana!  I saw that with the water bowl too!  Some of that stuff she had in the beakers was gross!

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 10:14:32 PM »

Ok, I'll check it out later...it's tough for me because I'm naturally pale-skinned but I use self-tanners in the spring and summer to get some color so I have to have a range of options when it comes to makeup.  I never really know what color I am.  LOL. 

I'll see if I can figure out something from the page though.  But I hope they have a good return policy!  I can't tell you guys how much old makeup I have sitting here at the house that didn't work.

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 10:24:12 PM »

Ok, I'll check it out later...it's tough for me because I'm naturally pale-skinned but I use self-tanners in the spring and summer to get some color so I have to have a range of options when it comes to makeup.  I never really know what color I am.  LOL. 

I'll see if I can figure out something from the page though.  But I hope they have a good return policy!  I can't tell you guys how much old makeup I have sitting here at the house that didn't work.

When you go on the website, see if there's a store near you!  Sephora also sells it and they'll help you too!
This way you can try it without buying it! 

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 10:26:16 PM »

spews  Andrea...your not an idiot.  rotflmao  It's confusing at first.  Yes...go check it out the site.

With liquid I've always used Natural Ivory...Fair...stuff like that.  Thats why when I initially ordered...I ordered a sample pack with fair and fairly light to try.  Then I found a local spot here that would color match my skin with the minerals...come to find out, I am a medium beige.  The medium beige is the most popular...it can cover a wide range of skin colors. You can also mix it with some Warmth to make it a darker shade.  This makeup is very forgiving.

They do have a good return policy.

"Try our bareMinerals® Foundation Kits for a full 60 days. If you're not totally satisfied with the results, simply return the products - for a complete refund of the purchase price (less shipping and handling). It's that easy! "

K9
Dog Addict!

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 10:41:31 PM »

I have used Bare Escentuals for about three years now. I've slept in it many, many times with no problems. I have hiked, exercised and sweated in it. I have had dogs lick my face with no worries. I have used it on recently lasered skin. It is wonderful. Don't be afraid to apply it heavily as the results can be more dramatic with more powder. If you make a mistake you don't have to wash it off, just use another shade of powder on top - this coming from never-used-to-wear-makeup granola girl.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 10:44:35 PM »

Thanx K9!  Makes me wish I started using this stuff sooner!   

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 07:09:56 AM »

Well A.J....I'm waiting.

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 08:33:41 AM »

rotfl  You crack me up!  I love Felix! 

I'm getting in the shower now and I will get back to you, after I do my face!  rotflmao

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 08:54:44 AM »

rotflmao   

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 09:39:19 AM »

OK, this is so weird!  I started with just a tiny bit in the cover, put it on, didn't feel like it was enough!
So I put a little more, and then a little more! I then stopped, but.... I feel like I don't have anything on, so it makes you feel like you haven't put enough on! Because the liquid makes you feel that way!  I love it!  cheer

I never usually wear eye shadow, but it came in the kit...so...it so light, it doesn't look like someone from work will say "A.J. You're wearing shadow today" 

Mascara's great!  I used my standard eye liner today!  I have to practice with theirs! 

I do have to get the mineral veil, though!  I don't like when my face shines at all!  They have a tinted one now, did you know?

I will be throwing out all of my old make-up this weekend!!!!    bouncy2 bouncy2 bouncy2

Oh, do you have a brush for each jar of product?  In my kit, I got the Foundation brush, the eye liner brush (dry), the shadow brush!

So I used the Foundation brush for foundation, blush and radiiance!  whoknows

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 09:49:44 AM »

clapping  I knew you'd love it!

I was the same way...started with a tiny amount...and kept adding a bit more.  After about a week or so, you'll know exactly how much to shake out into the lid.
Thats one of the things I absolutely love about this stuff...it doesn't make you feel like you have a ton of makeup on. Nor does it make it look like you do.  You could buff a whole heck of a lot on your face and you still won't look overdone.

The mineral veil is one of my favorites...can't go without mine. So yeah...order ya some!
I just recently saw the tinted one...I'll be ordering one very soon.

I know you can use the same brush for most of the products.
I'm weird though.  I have a seperate brush for everything. Except the shadows and liners.  wink2

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 10:15:47 AM »

and it isn't tested on animals. ingredients are vegetarian, but dunno about the brushes.

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »

and it isn't tested on animals. ingredients are vegetarian, but dunno about the brushes.

Ariana, I will probably buy other brushes also! 
Sarah, I looked on their site and can't find what the brushes are made of! 

What I like too, is here it is 3:25 and it still looks fresh and my face doesn't look like an oil slick!   bouncy2

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 04:36:07 PM »

woohoo

I have read some place...just can't remember where, that the Bare Escentuals and the Kabuki brushes are made from animals. (brown goat and Japanese pony hair are what I remember) But are collected during the grooming process and no animals are harmed in the process of harvesting the hair.

I can't for the life of me find it now.

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 05:52:59 PM »

but they're still animals - i can't use animals. Smiley

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

I'm sure you can use synthetic brushes with it, Sarah!

Melissa, did you get your order yet?  I just got my mineral veil this morning!  clapping

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »

how'd ya like it?

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »

how'd ya like it?

I didn't get to try it yet!  I'm off from work today!  Did some some around the house!  Gonna get in the shower now! I'll try it then! I'm going to meet my sister after she gets off work.

I'm looking through their catolog....some of this stuff is confusing!  You have "Warmth" "Glee" and "True"   whoknows

Then you have "Sheer Radiance"  Now I know you don't wear it all at the same time, but it's confusing!  head scratch

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 08:11:50 PM »

I'm sure you can use synthetic brushes with it, Sarah!

but they come in kits w/ brushes :/

sephora has a kit on sale right now

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »

I understand Sarah! 

and please I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, But when you brush your dog, what do you do with the hair?

So if you took it and put it in a handle, instead of throwing it in the garbage, would that be so bad?  whoknows

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 09:23:23 PM »

it's not exactly the same aj Smiley lemme find stuff and get back to you

Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 09:48:39 PM »

I didn't get to try it yet!  I'm off from work today!  Did some some around the house!  Gonna get in the shower now! I'll try it then! I'm going to meet my sister after she gets off work.

I'm looking through their catolog....some of this stuff is confusing!  You have "Warmth" "Glee" and "True"   whoknows

Then you have "Sheer Radiance"  Now I know you don't wear it all at the same time, but it's confusing!  head scratch

The Warmth, Glee and True are all "all-over face colors".  Just from watching Leslie Blodgett I've learned different techniques. Still learning though and I don't use these every day either. 

Warmth - adds a sun-kissed glow to your face (I've learned you have to use this VERY sparingly...a little goes a super long way. I usually use it as my blush and I'll run the brush over the high points of my face)

Glee - brightens all skin tones and adds a healthy glow. (I use this on the apples of my cheeks. A trick from Leslie)

True - brings out your complexions natural glow. I haven't experimented with True much...

Don't mistake the "glow" for the "shiny" we are used to with liquid stuff.  It's totally different. That's what I was thinking when I first learned about these all-over face products.

I'm still learning about all this stuff too.  Theres soooo much!  But everything I've tried...I really REALLY like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster